- November 11, 2013
- Reaction score
- City, State
- Southern California
- Year, Model & Trim Level
- 2014 Explorer Sport
I'm experiencing some small things going wrong with my 2014 Explorer Sport. At only 1 year, and 5700 miles... its a bit disconcerting. It makes me think this car is going to completely fall apart in like 5 years. Wonder if anyone else has seen any of these things, and what they did about them?
- Window Roll Down Stutter, passenger side- struggles a bit rolling down. it stutters like it has too much friction by rubbing up against something.
- Windshield Wiper Blade, passenger side- gives off a fairly loud buzzing sound caused by vibration at higher speeds (70+). apparent more at night / when its somewhat colder / damper.
- Child Proof Door Locks, rear- keep turning back to being locked by themselves. rotate to unlocked, and stay that way for about a week. then somehow go back to locked. no one ever sits back there, and the doors are rarely even opened.
- Leather Seat- passenger side- the leather came totally unstitched from bottom/front of seat. dealership fixed.
- Seatbelt Padding, drivers side- little fabric "spacer" (that keeps the seatbelt lock from rubbing up against and scratching the center console) tore off after the first week of ownership.
- Hitch Cover- poorly designed with cheap plastic tabs that break off easily. If I ever tow things, I'm sure I will have to replace this piece many times.
- Battery Life- mentioned in other threads, but radio only lasts anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes without engine running (1 hour plus on any / all of my other cars). More info.
- Underbody Air Deflector- very poorly attached, falls off. details here.
- Door Lock Malfunction- struggles in cold weather to unlock. details here.
- Tailgate Misalignment- also mentioned in other threads, tailgate has more space on one side than the other. it sound like it struggles to open, and seems like the motor will go out... probably right after the warranty ends.