• Register Today It's free!

Some more shackle help please.

SAN2CCI

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Limited AWD 5.0
I got my shackles from Warrior products & they look nice. It says in the ad that I can add 1/2 inch to 2 inches of lift. How is this possible when there are just 2 sets of holes on the shackle?

Also, when I get my truck fully lifted off the ground, will the suspension be fully sprung, relieving all tension off the leaf springs, or will it be bottoming out from lack of more travel?..........in which case I will need to be very careful upon removing the bolt?

Much thanks!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my shackles from Warrior products & they look nice. It says in the add that I can add 1/2 inch to 2 inches of lift. How is this possible when there are just 2 sets of holes on the shackle?

Also, when I get my truck fully lifted of the ground, will the suspension be fully sprung, relieving all tension off the leaf springs, or will it be bottoming out from lack of more travel?..........in which case I will need to be very careful upon removing the bolt?

Much thanks!! :D

Not too sure about the lift shackle question but Im guessing that u put it in the closer hole for the 1/2 in lift and the farther hole for the 2in lift.

When removing the old shackles there will be a little bit of tension in the spring just be cautious, it isnt alot. When putting the bolts back in use your jack to lift or lower the springs to get the holes to line up.

Not too sure about the lift shackle question but Im guessing that u put it in the closer hole for the 1/2 in lift and the farther hole for the 2in lift.

When removing the old shackles there will be a little bit of tension in the spring just be cautious, it isnt alot. When putting the bolts back in use your jack to lift or lower the springs to get the holes to line up.

These closer & farther holes are on the chassis of my vehicle?

when it says 1/2 " to 2 " of lift it is saying that depending on how "saggy" your springs are already, you could get anywhere between those measurments. so if you have really worn springs, you will get less, but stiffer, you will get more.

you cant adjust the shackle like you can with the auto zone cheapies that have 1 main hole and then 3 other holes spaced in inch incriments.

The spread they list in the ad depends on what vehicle you trying to lift since Warrior list the Explorer Shackles as 1 1/4 in lift

Wow! My vehicle is just barely lower in the rear & I am not looking to make it way high in the back. I just want it to be level or maybe an inch of lift would be more than enough. The shackles DO replace the factory shackle assembly don't they? I mean they are not going to be added th the exsisting mounting point, which would give me crazy amouts fo lift!! Actually that would be way more than 2 inches............never mind! :D

Thanks for the help!!

I used the autozone shackles on my X and it gave me roughly a 1in lift... that was at the largest "setting"
shackled X's look alot better. evens out the ride height, its not as bad as you think.

Back