• Register Today It's free!

someone HELP I have a sour lemon

kingcardakovic

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 ford explorer xlt
I have a 03 ford explorer and it has a rough idle and and has no take off power the check engine light flashes its reading misfire on the right side of the motor. Ive replaced coils wires plugs intake gaskets ripped one of my cats off and the same thing happens lights flicker and it just runs like crap ive had 3 different mechanics look at it and all come up with the conclusion that its a timing issue. but the crazy thing is when its cold it runs perfect if u clear the codes it runs smooth and perfect till it detects that misfire help ive put alot of money into it and I love the truck but I cant take it anymore

Based only on what you've written ... well, let's think it through. It's something that's particular to the right bank. So far (provided the new parts are good) you've ruled out coils, wires, plugs, intake gaskets and catalytic converter. That leaves injectors.

I've never heard of a part-time timing problem that only affects one bank, but then there are a lot of things I haven't heard of yet.

Ive ran a injector cleaner thru doesnt seem to help at all I just had the tps maf sensor replaced and still nothing

Back