Someone please help my window and seat switches quit working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Someone please help my window and seat switches quit working.

96xpo

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie
ive got a 1996 Eddie edition explorer and I went to the store came home and my windows or seat will not move all my windows are rolled down I’ve done checked all the fuses unless I’m missing something I’m new with explorers someone please help me I feel hopeless :(

pull the boot back between the door, and the a pillar and see if you have any broken wires.

Do you have seat controls on the door? On my '98 all seat switches are on the side of the seat itself, IIRC (lol). A wiring diagram shows they go through fuse 18 in the interior fuse panel.

Did you check both the interior and the under hood fuse panel? That would seem a silly question to someone who has owned an Explorer for a long time but being new to one, there are some new owners who haven't found the interior fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash (with the driver's door open for access) yet.

If seat controls aren't on the door, I'm suspecting it's either not the door wiring in the hinge, or it's coincidence that you have one of those wires broken and another problem affecting the seat.

Besides the door hinge wires, other things which could prevent the windows from working include the Accessory Delay Relay and the Battery Saver Relay, both of which are (maybe, probably on a '96 ??) in a box under the dash on the right side of the driver's footwell. Check your owner's manual to see if it lists relay locations.

Back