someone was telling me i cant do a 3 inch body lift on my suv | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

someone was telling me i cant do a 3 inch body lift on my suv

bigman4x4

Reaction score
City, State
miramar florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer xlt
hey wuts up everyone im new here a guy down at this place called speed and truck world told me i cannot do a 3 inch bodylift because my truck is a uni body but i have seen so many explorers around with a 3 inch body lift. how much would it cost me and were can i get one from i need help bad and wuts the biggest size of tire i can go on a stock rim because i dont wanna change the rims. thanx much please reply back bye. and also give me the web site to the place i can get one thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go back and laugh at him and never let them work on your truck.

mess around with the search feature on the site.. all the questions you asked will be answered in detail.

3"BL about $140 from 4wheelparts - a day to install
32" tire or 33" with trimming.

yeah man i dont understand wut was going on threw the guys head but i really dont know. but do u think a parts dealer like a shop could get it for me thanx much for the help bye

hey bro i just noticed they only have body lifts for the 90 threw 94 explorers is there any other place i can get them from.

Ya might wanna steer waaayyy clear of that shop. They obviously have no clue since the Explorer does not have a unibody. It has a full frame underneath it.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the site.

hey bro i just noticed they only have body lifts for the 90 threw 94 explorers is there any other place i can get them from
you are correct. you have to buy on for a ranger and modify the bumper brackets a little. im not sure what year ranger or what all you have to modify but its not to bad. try searching bodly lifts you will get all the info you need .

Originally posted by JDraper
Ya might wanna steer waaayyy clear of that shop. They obviously have no clue since the Explorer does not have a unibody. It has a full frame underneath it.

Or they acted stupid because they didn't want to install one. I know some shops won't do lift kits for liability reasons. It isn't covered in their insurance, if they even have it.

Never,never ever go near that shop again.

If the guy doesn't even know that Explorers have a frame under them, then he doesn't need to work on your truck!

Cherokee's are unibody. If I had someone tell me that, and I knew my truck, I would laugh in their face.

Back