Sonnax 4R44E-5R55E Solenoid, Valve-body bolt length/location and spring info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sonnax 4R44E-5R55E Solenoid, Valve-body bolt length/location and spring info

tac40

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi all,

As I continue along my "5R55E adventure" and read through related threads and helpful-hint postings, one question that I see over and over again is regarding valve-body bolt-length and location. For me, I've found that page 6 of the Sonnax Zip booklet is about the best reference I've seen. I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but if not, I just wanted to share the link to the 8-page doc as well as a copy of page 6 in picture form. It not only has a very clear bolt-length and location reference, but also has solenoid ID and resistance info, and valve-spring info as well. Anyway, here it is....

http://www.sonnax.com/system/instructions/4R44E-5R55E-ZIP-Booklet.pdf

Attachments

• Sonnax-4R44E-5R55E-Solenoid+Bolt-Info.jpg
    Sonnax-4R44E-5R55E-Solenoid+Bolt-Info.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 32,131

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, tac40! Very helpful, indeed! :chug:

thank you ! Thank You ! THANK YOU !!! for sharing this very helpful and much needed info !! I was about to give up on getting my sport trac drivable again when I found this forum. Loads of great information all over this site.

Yes, this forum and sonnax are the number one in things
regarding the 5R55E. In many times, looking back the last 25 years,
you/they save my a.. .
Knock on wood, the ex is still alive.

Sonnax valve body for a friend of mine.
20220317_163807.jpg

thanks and regards!

Wolfgang

Back