• Register Today It's free!

Soon to be newest addition.

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well.....just got this off e-bay. It came off a wrecked 2004 Mustang GT. Since Ford makes crappy hoods and mine is corroded with the paint peeling I'm gonna get it installed once I get my hood repainted.

Attachments

• scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 183
  • scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 196
  • scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 194

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you going to make it a real functioning hood scoop ???

that would be really sick then, you would gain not only looks, but better engine performance !!!!!

nah...i'm gonna keep the black grille in it. so were u able to see the pictures?...on my computer I'm unable to see them but i know i uploaded them

i can see the pictures just fine...

you should make it a real scoop it would be awesome ! if you want to keep the black grille in it... the just take a drill w/ a small bit on it and drill the holes trough it...

thats just my idea... i want to do what your doing, but i want it to be functional, but a fake glue on on that only creates more drag...

i'm not gonna glue it on...prob get it mounted the way it did on the mustang which will require drilling holes in my hood. not sure how easy it would be to make it functional due to the air intake being up behind the passenger side headlight.

i wasnt really thinking about the scoop vs. the intake location really... i was just thinking along the lines of...

just another vent to clear out some of the heat from the engine bay... which may help with parasitic drag on the engine, by keeping it cooler...

hope that sounds right lol...

and i only mentioned glue cause ive seen it done before and it looks horrible !!! glad to here at the least your going to install it the correct way !!!

Damn:eek: That table looks fast:burnout:

i wasnt really thinking about the scoop vs. the intake location really... i was just thinking along the lines of...

just another vent to clear out some of the heat from the engine bay... which may help with parasitic drag on the engine, by keeping it cooler...

hope that sounds right lol...

and i only mentioned glue cause ive seen it done before and it looks horrible !!! glad to here at the least your going to install it the correct way !!!

Well....i understand what you mean about the vent to clear out extra heat...but I think that would also allow water and other stuff to get in there. If I'm not mistaking when car makers have a functioning hood scoop they also put it some kind of water drainage system to keep the water out. As far as mounting it I think the bolt on method is gonna be best. I could get it moulded into the hood but then to removed it for any reason the hood would get trashed...at least if it's bolted on and needs to be taken off for any reason all that needs to be done is fill in some holes and paint.

Back