Soon2bSick's StallioNeer

soon2bsick

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
I'm tired of having papers all over the place of my expected/hopeful mods
so I decided to make a thread soley dedicated to the modifications I want, have and will do in the future.
This is mainly for my followup and journaling but I welcome any and all viewers
especially those with some Advice and comments.

Welcome :wavey:

117bptw.jpg

This here is my new project, and pretty much my first vehicle I've owned that I actually really like.

My 2000 Mountaineer AWD 5.0
Black/Tan

308e3qu.jpg

Cosmetically he's not the best, but so far hes been mechanically sound.

I aquired this vehicle because I am going to be 22 this year and it's time to pick a career
and with a career... you also need a job to pay for schooling.

My career choice is to be an EMT, and after which I will decide weather I
want to further my training and become a paramedic or move on and become a fire fighter.

I'm really excited about going to school and making something of myself,
but I'm also really excited about learning to fix up my mountaineer.
I love it's power, but hate it's gas mileage. I love it's sleek look, but hate that it sits at mini-van height.
These are the things I'm planning to work on, and also do interior work and body work.

My first purchase was some Meguiars detailing products (Meguiars all the way :salute:)
Okay so it's not ALL Meguiars lol

2lx9gmv.jpg

After that I did some simple things like LED dome/cargo lights, Limo tint, seat covers (that I hate lol),
All weather floor mats ect and I spliced into the stock amp
and threw some cheapo subs on it

But I have big plans for this 'Neer and I'm hoping with the great knowledge

this forum has to offer and some money coming in hopefully,
that I can do it all and then some.​

Project list below

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

List of upgrades wanted

This list will be Upgraded often, but I will post when I change it.

INTERIOR:

1. Black Carpet
2. Recovered Headliner, visors, sunroof slider (black)
3. Gauge cluster upgrade (01 sport white face)
4. Black Painted interior pieces
5. Hide-away CB Radio
6. Recover arm rest

Engine:

1. new oxygen sensors
2. DBLP spark plugs
3. HP Spark plug wires
4. true-rev sport induction kit (or similar)
5. higher amp alternator

EXTERIOR:

1. Emergency Strobes
2. TT/Shackles
3. 3" Body Lift
4. Shocks (Rancho 9000 or similar)
5. Remove roof racks (possibly running boards)

WHAT NEEDS FIXED:

1. Back hutch door needs replaced (plastic trim no good, lock dead, ect)
2. Drivers side rear door handle (plastic side broke off, having issues)
3. rear doors wont open from the inside
4. driver/passengers door button covers need replaced
5. Cig lighter needs replaced
6. Replace EATC unit

Great choice on the Meguiars line.

I would troll the meguiars forum a little, there are some interesting uses for some of their products. Try to find a G110 or look up the kit on ADS or autogeek.

Here is a link to keep handy, usually cheaper than the store, and they have a lot more of the Megs products that stores don't carry, especially the professional line, if you're not already privy... :)

CLICK ME

Great choice on the Meguiars line.
Here is a link to keep handy, usually cheaper than the store, and they have a lot more of the Megs products that stores don't carry, especially the professional line, if you're not already privy... :)

CLICK ME

Funny you should mention ADS, because that's exactly where I purchased from :D great customer service there and awesome deals. But my arm is def sore so I'm hoping to borrow a buffer from somebody to keep my arm from falling off.

Get a G110- it'll change your life, and reoccupy your weekends... :D

be sure to post pics when its all shined up and detailed

Looks like a great ride man...and some good plans for it too...

How much did you pay for it?

I love that mounty front end on that year more than any other 2nd gen explorer.

It looks so much beefier, and cleaner at the same time.

thanks man,

I got it for 2 grand, Which I thought was quite a steal even for 150k miles

Hell yea thats a steal, I looked for one for a while before I got my 95, on craigslist and couldnt find a decent one for under like high 3k

yeah I didn't find any others around that price, When I was looking I wasn't looking for a mountaineer though.. I didn't even know what I was looking for other than an SUV or Truck and the old guy that owned this was having neck surgery and then moving up north with his son and it was just an extra he had and needed to get rid of.

I looked at an 01 2 door explorer right after this and the ad said "door damage". Turned out to be door damage, frame damage and lots of bending. It drove nice but it was a real shady outfit and more work than I wanted to get into.

I'm real pleased with my buy, it has alot of potential

To Repair

Took some pics today of the things I need to fix/replace

DSC_0398.jpg
- pin stripe needs removed
DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg
- front control covers need replaced
DSC_0400.jpg
- Leather repair
DSC_0402.jpg
- Passenger door handle
DSC_0404.jpg
- Hutch door replaced
DSC_0405.jpg
- handle plates replaced
DSC_0410.jpg
- plastic blemish/scratch removal

bored, took pics

Took some pictures today just for the fun of it, Not finished detailing (yeah..takes forever by hand) but it's starting to look pretty nice. Getting out the scratches is what's taking the longest

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

movin on up

Well I can mark a few things off the list now,

Made a little extra cash today and headed straight to advance and picked up a couple things,

Autolite double platinum spark plugs, Autolite Plug Wires, Fuel Filter, and a can of SeaFoam. Also picked up an aftermarket air intake kit, It was pretty cheap ($50) but should be better than stock

2aepmjc.jpg

Haha I made some cash today and the only thing ive spend it on so far is my explorer...HIDs and my projectors :D haha.

Your ride looks great, I wanna learn how to detail like that, im horrible at it, but then again, I dont have the right equipment or knowledge lol

Haha I made some cash today and the only thing ive spend it on so far is my explorer...HIDs and my projectors :D haha.

Your ride looks great, I wanna learn how to detail like that, im horrible at it, but then again, I dont have the right equipment or knowledge lol

Yeah I have a feeling this rig is going to be sucking alot of money since I'm becoming addictive to modifying/fixing it up ha.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm still learning as well. But it helps to have all the right products and use them in the right order, If you're interested.. hop on over to meguiarsonline.com. It's a forum like this only it's soley dedicated to detailing, Weather it be by hand as a beginner or a pro on a machine.That's where I've learned (and still learning) everything.

Oh and uh.. only use Meguiars if you want the BEST results :)

Big Day Today

Okay so today was pretty cool I got a heck of alot done in a short time,

New Spark Plugs, New Wires, New air intake, and I seafoamed.

I didn't get much fog from the seafoam, I put half in the gas tank and half in the brake booster intake line. Maybe It didn't run all the way through or it just.. didn't want to fog much?

After pulling the first spark plug I realized that there is a 90% chance that the spark plugs and wires are the same ones that were in it 153,000 miles ago. They were in BAD shape.

The wires were kind of a pain in the butt but I got it done and strapped the new air intake on. I got the air intake from Ebay but the pipe they give you to send it in a downward position made it to long and the hood would of hit it, So I opted to keep out the pipe and just use the adapter and air filter and it seemed to fit in a way that would efficient.

After all that I took it for a test drive and I have to say, I can REALLY tell the difference. I wouldn't say I have anymore speed but I have a much faster response time and I can feel more torque than before. I think my motor finally got to breathe some fresh air and got a little umph in its pump.

Next project is getting the fuel filter on, I picked up a purolator one and the dude told me I didn't need any special tools to get it off but my dad was doing it while I was working on the front bumper and he couldn't get it off so I'm kind of clueless.... I'm gonna look around the forum a little bit but if someone can chime in that would be great. He could get the clips off but then he couldn't pull it off or anything so..

Also picked up a little OEM Black Trim Paint from Duplicolor and some Clear coat

npkpzn.jpg

Gonna paint my faded gray bumpers and some of the trim hopefully tomorrow.

I'll take some pics if I do

sounds like a good project, hopefully i can find the time to get my emt knocked out as well.

do you plan to do anything with the exhaust?

sounds like a good project, hopefully i can find the time to get my emt knocked out as well.

do you plan to do anything with the exhaust?

Yeah I do... I just don't know what... I don't have any experience with exhaust and frankly I find a cherry bomb just as cool as a flowmaster. I want something with a deep throaty rumble but I also don't want to pay a shop 200 bucks or so to do it. I was trying to find a nice muffler I could bolt into the existing compartment with a few clamps and then run a new single pipe out the back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another long but great day

Well I must say I got quite a bit done today on the 'Neer. And have lots of pictures to share

To start the day off me and my father got to taping off the truck and started to paint the plastic pieces on the truck

I did the bumper and my dad was working on the side pieces
(My dad is indian... and for some reason I am nowhere NEAR as tan as he is haha)

DSC_0421.jpg

Shot of how faded the plastics are

DSC_0422.jpg

moving along

DSC_0424.jpg

Painted the wiper cowls

DSC_0425.jpg

Took this off :)

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

We decided the best temporary fix for the holes was to run some metal AC tape over them and paint over until I decided the permanant solution

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

And finally...

The end result :)

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

I'm really happy with how it turned out, My only complaint is that I used the wrong paint. The Duplicolor trim paint (which is what I used) is great for the wiper cowls/mirrors ect. But as far as the side pieces it really didn't hold well. So next time I'm gonna do more prep work and use a different paint

tell me what you guys think

Back