Sorry Lady... it doesnt look good. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sorry Lady... it doesnt look good.

Ok so I know this wasnt a "off road" whoops... but it was still something that sucked. As I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning, I saw a women pulled over on the road in her Lincoln Towncar. She gets out, and says "did i have a blow out?!?" I look and say "no"... however, the front passanger end is wayyyy lower and not like it should be. So I get closer to take a look and I look under the car... Her Axle is dragging on the street! Her tire/wheel is slanted like \ when it should be l .... So yeah, poor lady wouldnt listen to me and wanted to drive it off the road into our parking lot... Sorry lady, it aint goin nowhere! The wrecker is on its way, and her son is coming too... sucks to be her. (She had just gone over a bump in the road - i am assuming she was having problems before and that jolt was the last straw...)
--bryan

sounds like her suspension crapped out and dropped the axle, then the wheel sheared off the axle or the axle shaft broke. Yup, it sucks. Sounds like a serious defect though, unless the car was old or had been raced a lot :D

Yeah well I wish people would freakin listen to me... Haha. I just left to go to Home Depot and she had her son there... They had tried to drive it, like I had told them NOT to do... yeah, so one wheel was pointed one way, and the other was at a 45 degree angle with the ground pointing the opposite direction! Oh well... sucks to be them... When I got back from the Depot, they were gone... Oh well... It gave me my laugh for the morning (not that I take joy in other peoples misery, but I always laugh when people WONT listen to smart ideas like NOT driving their broken cars lol)
--bryan

Heh funny you should mention this

My friends mom had a Lincoln that did the very same thing....apparently it is a defect of some of the years.... she felt something of a blow out too..... I'm not too sure what kind of rear suspension they have but they told her that because of the air ride suspension....it just takes so long before this happens ......she said exactly that.....her axle was just laying on the ground ....she said she felt a big jolt .....heard pieces falling... and then a thump ...... she got out ....down the road she left pieces all over (her diff?? ) and looked at her car....the ass end was on the ground and her axle was just laying there...... weird and dangerous...(I wouldn't have wanted to be behind her)

Karol

Back