• Register Today It's free!

sorry, more lifting questions

97xlt302

Reaction score
City, State
Macon, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
i'm totally ready for the aal tomorrow when it comes in, i have everything ready to go. i'll also do the tt when i'm done with adding the leaf, but almost everyone on here has went with a shackle too. whats the benefit of this? should i do a shackle and an aal with a tt or will an aal and tt be enough to get my 2" susp. lift? thanks for all of your help guys, andrew-

from my understanding the reason that most people do both is because if you look at your explorer the rear is usually a little lower than the front, so if you do a 2" TT in the front and most people i believe don't get a full two out of the shackles, usually 1.5" - 1.75" (correct me if i'm wrong) plus the 0.5" - 1" sack in the rear, then your rear would about 1" lower still, so you get the aal and shackles, that way the rear is either half an inch higher or even with the front, i think the rear being a little higher (maybe an inch so) looks better in my opinion. so just see what it looks like after you do the aal or shackles wich ever it was you were going to do (short term memory loss, LOL!!!)

what's the p/n for the warrior shackles, and where is the best place to get them. does summit have them or do you have to order from warrior? are they a PITA to put on?

Back