Southern AZ explorers

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
Does anyone want to do a run before T-haven? I was thinking like next weekend, right after christmas. If I can get a few people, we can make a run, and have a good time.
Maybe a run down at Seirra Vista or something.

Andy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about coming up here? John Johnstone and I are going for a mild run on Saturday the 27th, just North of Phoenix. John will be in town just for the weekend. He has the lifted black Sport Trac.

That may be a good idea. I'll see if Laurie wants to do that. I'll let you know.

Andy

I'm free January 3rd and would love to do a little wheeling.. Worst case, we can explorer the gas line/power line/train track access roads up near Marsh Station Road...

~Mark

Is that in Vail? I'm pretty much game for anything!
I've already done Reddington, so something new may be fun!!

I'll give you a for sure this week.

Later,

Andy

Originally posted by Maniak
I'm free January 3rd and would love to do a little wheeling.. Worst case, we can explorer the gas line/power line/train track access roads up near Marsh Station Road...

~Mark

Do you want to meet at that Quick Mart station across from the school (Acacia elementary?). If you know some good spots in Vail, I'm all over it.

later,

Andy

I know where the quickmart is.. (its the closest gas station to me.. its only 9 miles away)...

I know of some places that have good potential in the Vail area (actually east of vail).. I haven't explored them completely since I don't like going out alone..

I'm still up for it...

~Mark

Originally posted by Rick
How about coming up here? John Johnstone and I are going for a mild run on Saturday the 27th, just North of Phoenix. John will be in town just for the weekend. He has the lifted black Sport Trac.
ARGGHHH! I need to pay attention to these posts, I was hanging out in Mesa with my grandparents this last Fri-Sat-Sun!

Originally posted by Maniak
I know where the quickmart is.. (its the closest gas station to me.. its only 9 miles away)...

I know of some places that have good potential in the Vail area (actually east of vail).. I haven't explored them completely since I don't like going out alone..

I'm still up for it...

~Mark
Yeah, we can do Vail (sounds like we are going skiing)
unless you really feel like coming up to Tucson and doing Reddington/Chieva falls.

Otherwise I guess we need to make up a meeting time and place for Saturday in Vail.
I usually like to start around 10 or 11am.
let me know.

Andy

Andy,
I sent you a PM & email with my ph#... Give me a shout so we can iron out the details... (I'm ok with Chiva Falls since I haven't been there in a few years if you don't want to "explore" Vail)..

~Mark

Looks like the 2 of us are going tomorrow. (Jan 3rd) If anyone wants to tag along, or lead, just reply here and I or Mark (once I talk to him) will let you know where and when. Looks mostly like Chievo falls (Reddington Road area). If it changes, I will post here. Hope to see others out there.

Later,

Andy

I would go, even with just 2WD but I'm putting in the shocks tomorrow and try to make a bumper. On sunday we might go shooting up there at reddington though.

Do that on Sunday. You can go out tomorrow. Shocks can wait. They just affect articulation anyhow. And who needs a bumper!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Later,

Andy

Well, I went. Maniak and I had some confusion and didn't meet up, but here are some pics!!

Andy

Attachments

• p1010032.jpg
    p1010032.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 107

There are some more pics in my Photo Album.
Check em out!!

How'd you do at three feathers, the middle hill?

I'm not too familiar with the "Names" of the obstacles, but we went as far as a little river that we had to cross. there were a couple jeeps down there and that is where we ended up turning around. everything went really well. There was one spot where I got a little tipsy, but I was taking the hard line. It was right after the hill that is in the photo. We had a good time, and Laurie even drove some. She had a blast. Gonna have to build her a rig now!! (I wish). Well hopefully next time you can come too.

I stopped by the hobby shop today. Didn't see you, but saw your 'sploder. Dude, that looks sweet, but for gods sake, tie your brake lines to your springs!! Your shielding around your brake lines (expecially on the drivers side) is rubbing on your tires and eating away athe the brake line.
If you haven't got new extended brake lines yet, I know a place that can make any length lines that you want. That is how I got my super long brake line for the drivers side.

Let me know if you want the info on the brake lines.

Later,

Andy

Back