Southern Ontario Members... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Southern Ontario Members...

the place by the coke plant in brampton has been closed for a few years an if your caught in there its a $2000 fine. reason is its a reforesty area cause of construction done in there. also cop do sit in there waiting on weekends waiting for people to go in there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ontario Cruise

I'm trying to round up particapants for a cruise in the London K/W area along the Lake Erie shoreline sometime in the late spring or early fall.
Sorry no trail runs in the works for Southwestern Ont. yet (don't know of any trails), But a friend of mine at Ontario Ranger Based Vehicle Owners is trying to organize one at the Black & Decker Trails in Brockville (East of Kingston) if anyone is willing to make the trip.

gopher dunes in courtland normally has a few poker runs throughout the year for trucks and other days atv's the mudruns are fun both open pits that they tow you out if you get stuck and they have bush trails thats enter at own risk meaning you get stuck and no one elps tow you out they go in at end of day thats it but theres normaly plenty of trucks to try and pull you out

Gopher dunes is P I M P. I live 10 mins from it.

Their first run is Good Friday in April. Should be sweet this year since I can actually enter hahaha.

I found this year's schedule for the truck events

http://www.gopherdunes.com/Mudfest.html

I prefer things low 'n slow (or goin' fast in a straight line), but I'll probibly go to watch.
I am thinking my next truck is going to be a "jacked" 4 by. it looks like alot of fun.

if you go alot of actions in the bush trails wear some crappy shoe`s or boots it may look dry till your up to your knee in muck lol

so is there trails in there for a stock explorer?

yes and no, stock as in how stock... you can do the bushruns early in the day but after they get chewed up then it gets pretty tricky, they have open pits that surround there dirt bike track that even stockers can make it through again though the later the day the worse they get they normaly have cheater lanes around all the pits so if they get to bad or to backed up with trucks you can move on to aother pit and these pits they provide a tow out by tractor (or other 4x4)

bone stock 94 ex with 4.0l an a4ld an a 28" tire 3.27 gear with no lift. you know the city driven explorers lol

It's possible Mark. I've seen worse go thru. Every year lil side kicks and sammi's always amaze me with their capabilities pretty much stock with tires. The pits are generally quite wide as well so there tends to end up being some deep parts and some ok parts if the big boys play nicely.

well then rob we have to get the explorers out there then.

Hey, Hello from Binbrook!! (like 5 minutes from Hamilton). I am also another young one (16) and my X is my first car! It's a 1993 4Dr 4x4 XLT. I`m planning on a 5.5 inch lift, flowmaster 50 series, a KKM air intake and a killer stereo! I`m glad i found this, I was wondering if there was anybody around here that`s on this site.

Newbie in Kitchener

I'm also in Kitchener.
I'm a brand new (2 weeks now) owner of an '04 4.6L XLT. I've never been offroading and my truck is completely stock, but I'd be very interested if anything is organized... just so long as long as you don't mind pulling this newbie out of the muck once in a while! :roll:

well welcome to the explorer club. head over to ontario ranger based vehicles. we are having a meet an greet.
http://ontario-rbv.com/

Ya, what he said. We have a Meet'n'Greet coming up on May 9 in London. Sorry no Trailruns yet for Southwestern Ont. (I can't find any open Trails around here, so if anybody knows of any, PLEASE let us know)

Trying to find open trails around here is a real challenge. A couple friends keep heading east to the Ottawa area for weekend excursions.

I've heard there are a few areas north of Elmira that may be usable. I'll post where exactly when I find out.

Hello everyone!
I'm in Toronto,Ontario area...

Have a question:
what would be the best ford dealership(s) in ontario for Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) work to be done??

i know some dealers are a lot better than others,
I would like to sort them out and figure out the best of the best...

thank you guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a question:
what would be the best ford dealership(s) in ontario for Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) work to be done??

Well, in the London area amongst the Dealers I've dealt with, I've had nothing but headaches with Mt.Bridges Ford and Courtesy Ford. But have had excellent service at St.Thomas Ford, as well, my Dad swears by Macnab Ford in Ingersoll.

Back