Spare door key

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
I'm wondering if 91 and 94s have that spare door key tucked underneath the rear bumper like 2nd gens do

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm wondering if 91 and 94s have that spare door key tucked underneath the rear bumper like 2nd gens do
If you have the front license plate holder some aftermarket keys will fit over the thread bosses on the back/bottom. No one sees it behind the plate holder.

I’ve never heard of this.

Not heard of this either, but total anecdotal, I found a spare very well tucked away back there in a vinyl, velcro "key hider" pouch on my 94. It was a ford branded key, not generic blank.

I have not heard of that; my 92 came with a plastic card intended to be kept in your wallet. The idea was to have the plastic "key card" matched to your key by a locksmith and keep the key in your wallet. I still have the original card untouched by a locksmith. It will got with my vehicle when it sells. It was sort of neat looking through the window sticker, paperwork, key card, and all the manuals and booklets. I should put a picture up with of that card with my ad, I forgot that when I posted my ad

Back