Spark at plugs problem | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Spark at plugs problem

SlaminFool

Reaction score
City, State
North Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer 2WD
I have a 1992 Explorer 2WD 4 Door. I can't get spark from the plugs. I have power going to the coil pack. I went through the No Start procedure check that is in the guides and Everything passed. I replaced the CKP because it only got about .63 Ohms through it. When the key is on the check engine light is on, and when i start it the check engine light is off. I checked the TPS and it had 4 vDC through it. So the PCM is getting power. I have no clue what else to check!!! Please Help

<

MrShorty

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spanish Fork, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
Have you checked the engine block ground? Have you checked for power and ground to the ICM? I might pull codes from the PCM to see if there are any clues there.

<

SlaminFool

Reaction score
City, State
North Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer 2WD
Where is the engine block ground located at? and the ICM? Sorry, i don't have a book on it :(

<

MrShorty

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spanish Fork, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
I can't remember where they strung the engine block ground strap. I want to say that it was around the rear of the engine, and it is a basic braided strap bolted the engine and the body.

ICM is located next to the radiator, passenger side, in front of the battery between the headlight and the radiator.

<