Spark Plug Removal Video: The Ford TSB Way | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spark Plug Removal Video: The Ford TSB Way

stkelly

Reaction score
City, State
Laytonsville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Mountaineer
I just made a how to video demonstrating the Ford TSB way to remove the spark plugs on the 4.6L 3V. I went 8 for 8!

Here's the link, please feel free to give me any comments.

You all have been a great help to me, so any way to give back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's your safety glasses when using the compressed air?

Where's your safety glasses when using the compressed air?

Didn't even think to put them on. Good safety point for next time.

I added a note to the video.

Does this apply to a 2010 explorer? Or is it a differnet style?

Does this apply to a 2010 explorer? Or is it a differnet style?

I don't think the 2010's have this problem. It's only an issue from 06 to late production year 07 (11/30/2007) for 08 models. This is what's stated in the Ford TSB.

I just did mine today. I went the tsb way. I also went 8 for 8. Now what to do with lisle tool.

I'm dreading doing this but I know at 92k miles, I'll need to do it soon. Thanks so much with the video. It will definitely come in handy.

mes882, If you would like to pay it forward and help a guy out with the lisle tools, I will promise to do the same.

I was dreading doing it as well. I did have to turn mine in and out a few times. I also turn it out until it got hard then turn it back in let it sit 5 minutes or so let the carb cleaner work then back out. I used sea foam deep clean since I couldn't get the ford stuff.

Sorry tOked cant give it away. As of now I am thinking I am going to keep until I sell my mountaineer. That way I have it just in case. You can get it at amazon for 65 shipped.

Back