• Register Today It's free!

Speaker amp question.

Laddy

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
Ok right now I have 2 kicker compVRs on a kicker 350.2 amp. I plan on getting some new speakers soon, and I think I'm going to get infinity kappas or kappa perfects. Can I use the 350.2 amp on all 4 speakers and then just get a big mono amp for the subs or do I have to get a 4 channel amp for the speakers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, you will be fine if the speakers will actually hold the power, however, Infinity is no nearly as good as they were in the past, they sold out to cater to the masses when they started going to the big boxes. Look at an Eclipse Point Source, they are amazing, a lot better than my buddy's regular kappa's. eclipse/JL Audio - cant go wrong.

What do you mean hold the power?

i am not sure if your speakers would be capable of handling the power of a 350.2. there are several ways you could hook up that setup, if i was in your shoes i would just hook the 350 .2 up to your front speakers (some really nice ones). however you can wire up the 350.2 so that 2 speakers are run off each channel of the the amp, powering all 4.

I decided to just leave that amp on my subs and I'm getting 2 pairs of JL XR650 CSi Components and a Kicker KX650.4 amp for them

Back