• Register Today It's free!

Speaker buuzzzzz

Goonowsky

Reaction score
City, State
Walnut Creek, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
i have a speaker buzz on all my speakers and i do not know what the cause of it. I have 4 infinity kappa 6x8s wired to an alpine 4channel, and an infinity kappa perfect sub. I just changed the ground to my amps to a better spot but there is still a buzz. Could it be my deck?

any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you ran your speaker wire on the same side as the power wire you'll get a buzz from interference... i ran my speaker wire down the passenger side and the power wire/remote start down the driver side...

Do you have the factory hu or is it an aftermarket unit?

Possibly an amp grounding issue.

Maybe try grounding the amp to a factory ground.

Is it a Pioneer head unit, perchance? They have grounding/buzzing issues that can be fixed, but it's a PITA.

...if your amp or wiring are on the drivers side, you may also be picking up the fuel pump noise...have you tried the stereo on acc and still have the buzzing???

It sounds like it isn't grounded properly. Is the amp grounded properly? I know there will be an annoying buzz when it isn't grounded properly. Does it make the noise when the car is turned off, but just on accessory?

thanks for all of your replies

It is not a pioneer deck, it is alpine. only two speakers have their wiring next to the power cable and the buzz is in all of them. And yes it does buzz when the car is not running but stereo is on

Back