• Register Today It's free!

speaker level input

andrew08

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 eddie bauer
hi guys! I recently bought an amplifier and subwoofer for my 2006 explorer eddie bauer. The amplifier I bought has speaker level input. I used the rear speaker wiring from my stock car stereo. The problem is when i turn on the HU, the whole system doesn't work, however when I disconnect the connector of the amplifier on the speaker level input and reconnect it again while the HU is on, the whole system including the subwoofer works. Any solution guys? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you hook up the amp "remote turn on lead"? It is usually a small wire connection by the power and ground connection on the amp.

I did hook up the remote on wire. when i turn on the HU, the amp would turn on, it's just that there isn't a sound coming from my door speakers and subwoofer. However, if i temporarily disconnect the speaker level input connector on the amplifier, the door speakers would work. Then if I reconnect the the connector on the amplifier while the HU is on, the door speakers and subwoofer would work. But as soon as I turn the HU off and turn it on again, no sound is coming out from door speakers and subwoofer.

chech the high level wires again ,one might hookedc up wrong - to +, that would shut down the output from the head unit,

I tried reversing the polarities , I even tried using just 1 speaker output as source but still I get the same results. I'm contemplating on trying output level converter.

i would use a line output converter. connect it behind the head unit that way if you ever upgrade your head unit, the rca's are already in the right place

Back