• Register Today It's free!

Speaker Recommendations Wanted

sweaver76

Reaction score
City, State
Coventry CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
2000 XLT. Stock CD/stereo head unit with a glove box 6 disc changer.

I blew my left front speaker and would like size/make and model recommendations to replace the 2 up front.

I've heard the pioneer 3-way 6x8's are descent.

I got around $100 to spend for the pair. no amp, just looking for a good sounding speaker that could handle a small amp in the future if I wanted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everybody is going to tell you something different. Your best bet is to go to a store and listen to them and see for yourself which ones you like. There are a lot of websites that sell discount stereo equipment as well. Everybody is gonna give you a different opinion and tell you that what they have is the best. I'm running Pioneer Components in the front and Kenwood 6x9's in the back, because those are what fit in my budget and what I wanted my X to sound like. You could replace it with almost any speaker you want, if you want to take the time to make them fit. People have put 6x9, 5x7, 5 1/2, 6 1/2. So a lot will fit. Just find what you think sounds good and put them in.

Infinity Reference.... The only $100/pr. speaker I would run off of a factory deck. They have an SPL rating of 92 dB so they are super efficient and I think they sound alot better than Pioneers and Kenwoods. Pioneer and Kenwood make great electronics, but I've never been impressed by their speakers.

blah blah _________(insert manufacturer here) is by far the best.... Check Ebay!

I personally like
Ma audio
Audiobahn
Jl audio
Pioneer etc.

Do a SEARCH, and you'll find all kinds of recommendations............ :p

I second HokieBert, in the sound board at Circuit City the 2 way References had equal level highs to the pioneers but a little smoother, less harsh. Plus better bass and higher sensitivity ( I think). Plus can angle the tweeter up at you a bit. They are less than $100 at alot of places. Go listen!

Back