• Register Today It's free!

Speaker suggestions?

Digitalgp

Reaction score
City, State
Hudson valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘15 XLT
Hello all. Recently picked up a ‘15 xlt with the 9 speaker system. Soundwise it leaves a bit to be desired compared to the Sony factory stereo in my ‘12 Fusion and the audiophile in my ‘07 Explorer.

I’m looking for your guys recommendations on speakers. Nothing showstopping, just something with better highs & better lows that won’t require me to hack up my doors. Just wanting it to sound more on par with my other two Ford’s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are many threads on 'audio upgrades'. Here are just a couple I found using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

Personally I've always been a fan of Infinity door speakers and JL & Sundown Audio subs.

Thanks for the info. Mine isn’t the Sony system though.

Are those 6x9’s in the front doors? Thats what seems to come up for the non-sony systems. Any issues with mounting depth?

Thanks for the info. Mine isn’t the Sony system though.

Are those 6x9’s in the front doors? Thats what seems to come up for the non-sony systems. Any issues with mounting depth?
According to Crutchfield.com they are 6 1/2 speakers in the front door. But, 6x9s also will fit to.

Toddman41 that’s where my confusion is setting in

My 2015 XLT has 6x9 in front, 6 1/2 in back door

My system is the same as yours, non sony. I started out by replacing my sync2 with sync3. Then purchased a pigtail for acm to add sub. Next went to Crutchfield and purchased the 6x9 powerbass speakers, direct replacement. I had some alpine 6 1/2” in a box at home and purchased the adapters for fitment. I got a 3 1/2” from a member and replaced the center. The 2 in the very back will be replaced with the same 3 1/2” that i used in center, when i get industrious.

Cool. That’s more than I’m going for here. I believe these are the powerbass 6x9’s you were talking about. Definitly seems like a good place to start.

I’m sure I’ll eventually get around to all the other ones. Thank you all for your help

Back