• Register Today It's free!

Speaker wire color codes please!

crossfirefrank

Reaction score
City, State
Grass Lake, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer xlt
Ok I've search this forum for quite some time and can not find anywhere the wire colors for the rear speakers in a 2013 xlt. I've pulled the trim from the pillow between the front and rear doors and found where the wiring comes in want to tap into the speaker wire to run a powered sub. Could someone PLEASE advise me of the speaker wire colors on both sides so I don't have to pull the door panels to determine the wire colors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok I've search this forum for quite some time and can not find anywhere the wire colors for the rear speakers in a 2013 xlt. I've pulled the trim from the pillow between the front and rear doors and found where the wiring comes in want to tap into the speaker wire to run a powered sub. Could someone PLEASE advise me of the speaker wire colors on both sides so I don't have to pull the door panels to determine the wire colors.

Well I got the color codes from auto audio shop, will post after I wire it up.

2016 XLT Speaker wire colors

Hey Guys,

This is my first time posting here. Love these forums. I recently decided to add a sub to my non-sony mytouch. I could not find the speaker wire colors anywhere. So, since I ended up doing it the hard way (wasn't that hard lol) I thought I would post them here and maybe help someone else.

Front Right White/Purple Stripe +
White/Orange Stripe -
Front Left White +
White/Brown Stripe -
Center Green +
Gray/Yellow Stripe -
Rear Right Brown/White Stripe +
Brown/Blue Strip -
Rear Left White/Green Stripe +
Brown/Yellow Stripe -

The speaker wire pairs were twisted together from the factory which made it even easier. As far as 12v switched that sucked. There is not one behind the radio. I ended up having to add a add a circuit to the heated seat fuse in the fuse box under the dash. Hopefully this is able to help someone out there

Chris

Welcome to the Forum Chris.:wave:
There was a member looking for that type of info for his rear speakers; Speaker wire codes please!
The member has not posted an update yet so it will be interesting to see if the 2013 and 2016's are the same.
EDIT: 2 threads on same topic were merged.

Peter

Do your colours match up with this new thread? 2016 XLT Speaker wire colors

Peter

Yes they do and they were twisted in the pillar. very easy to get to tie into. The lower trim is just held in place with clips. At the top of the trim just pull out. You don't have to remove it, it will pull out far enough to get to the wires to splice them.

Back