Speakers upgrade? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speakers upgrade?

i am not saying it is junk . i am just used to aftermarket audio/video systems i usually change the factory stuff the same day or the next day. the factory sub has a boomy muddy sound not the tight punchy bass that i am used to hearing and feeling. its not for everyone . i have been into the car audio well before i was old enough to drive. yes it is pricey to replace all the speakers but you can get them on sale or 1/2 price sometimes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So does the 202a package have a subwoofer r just the limited has a sub?

Does anyone know what size speakers fit in the front doors? I have an XLT if that matters. I'm thinking of upgrading the fronts with Polk separates and replacing the amp with something a bit more robust.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone knows the speaker sizes

I don't have speaker info and the last time I checked Crutchfield didn't have the info, though they may now.

My initial impression of the Sony system was not all that great but I was coming from a system with aftermarket speakers. The Sony system INITIALLY is a bit boomy and bass-heavy, and lacks clarity across the range. That was when new. I just noticed last week how nice the system is sounding after the speakers have "broken in" for a couple of months. The bass has mellowed some (a good thing) and the midrange seems to be a bit better. I haven't done any serious listening recently, but it did get my attention.

Back