Speed and power question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speed and power question

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL! :D Sweeeeeeeet! How bout swapping in a 1500hp engine from something? And mounting it midships? That would probably work.

Maybe helium in your front tires?

But I don't want the tires off the ground the whole time. Plus, they need to only come up after the second tap. So a high HP engine isn't going to cut it by itself. I need some sort of fuel delivery setup where it only sends about 50% on the first tap, then 110% on the second one.

Perhaps a way to do it will come to me in a dream during my afternoon nap, will pm you later maybe:)

section525 said:
I want to make it so when I double-click my gas pedal I'll do a wheelie. Any ideas?

Do you mean the same way like you can do in Cruisin USA on Nintendo 64?

Cruisin at the movie theater!!!! You need flamethrowers!!!!

You could hinge a big long rod with a wheel on one end and hydraulic pump and have he come down like a aircraft wheel about the middle of the truck. This would make the truck do a wheelie and yet the design of the wheel would need to be balanced since you could tip one way or the other .... so maybe two hydralic rods with small wheels that lift from either side and can remain balanced.

Might be helpful in rock crawling as well.

Go to Jessie James shop, he'll fix you up! Or you could get some of those mortars that shoot those fireworks hundreds of feet into the air. I don't think the wiring would be too dificult to have them go off on the second click of the pedal. And have them mounted upside down under the front frame. I think it would be mostly trial and error on how many to mount. Now not only will you do a short wheelie but people can hear you do it 3 zip codes away. You may want to post pics of this in the Whoops forum.

use the high HP motor with a 2-step RPM limiter...

hydrolics......put the switch on the floorboard behind the gas pedal....

Section, please tell me you just smoked a pound of crack before posting this?!? You cannot be serious! lol.

It would take ALLOT of HP and TRACTION to make this happen, especially in such a long vehicle as an explorer.

not really my brothers 98 2door blazer with a 5.5 inch lift can pic the front tires up just fine by working the throttle. he just took his shocks of and it will bounce and when he hammers it it will carry the front like 10-15 feet about 2-4 feet off the ground... i can get a movie if you need proof

351wExplorer said:
i can get a movie if you need proof

yes please!

as soon as my brother gets back in town... probobly late tonite or tomorrow morning i will have him do it and i will tape it

351wExplorer said:
not really my brothers 98 2door blazer with a 5.5 inch lift can pic the front tires up just fine by working the throttle. he just took his shocks of and it will bounce and when he hammers it it will carry the front like 10-15 feet about 2-4 feet off the ground... i can get a movie if you need proof

Taking the shocks off sounds like a rediculous way to mod a vehicle! I would think someone would need handling and control of their vehicle more-so than ability to pop wheelies. I am sure it also helps that the wheelbase in that Blazer is allot shorter than an explorers. Maybe I am a touch conservative when it comes to things like this, but it seems like something a teenager would do. One of those temporary "cool mods" that the person ends up regretting in the end.

Section: Its simple, just ask Rick how to do it.

Dead Link Removed

Brian_B said:
Section: Its simple, just ask Rick how to do it.

Dead Link Removed

Damn thats a pretty cool pic! hehe.

section525 said:
I want to make it so when I double-click my gas pedal I'll do a wheelie. Any ideas?

Yeah, mount a JATO rocket inside the hatch. Pop the hatch open and light it off!! :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back