Speed limiter removal?

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
Has anyone successfully removed the speed limiter of their 5L?

I had Doug write me a program that removed the limiter, but it failed.
Stock is 106mph, with the re-program of the OBD-II it did raise but only to about 109mph.

Doug says it was set for 250mph, since Doug is on vaca I called SCT and they said that it just might be a limitation of the ECM itself irrespective of what it is set for.

When Doug gets back I am going to have him try to set the limit to 120 thinking that the 250 might be an erroneous input for the ECM....

Reaching 109 with the SC is so very quick ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wpurple said:
Reaching 109 with the SC is so very quick ;)

:fire: :mad: :p

Mine's gone. I went 125mph.... on a dyno. :D

Mine is also removed, but you won't catch me doing what it allows.

Hummm, guess I will have Doug try a few things.

Funny story: Mine used to cut off at 107. Sent it to Apten a while back and that was one thing they removed. Got it back, put it in, got on the interstate and it hit 100 and cut off :mad:. Yea, I was pissed.

Supposedly Doug has mine removed/raised as well. I don't think I will ever know though. There is no where around here to find out. There are no dynos that I can find in the state and I am not crazy enough to drive that fast on the roads around here.

Brian_B said:
Supposedly Doug has mine removed/raised as well. I don't think I will ever know though. There is no where around here to find out. There are no dynos that I can find in the state and I am not crazy enough to drive that fast on the roads around here.

Here is a list od dyno facilities with Dyno Jet dynos in Arkansas....

ARKANSAS

Alternative Bike Works
990E. Henri De Tonti Blvd.
Springdale 72762
Tel. 501-361-9724

Auto Electric & Performance
Model 248h
3577 East Friendship Road
Springdale 72764
Tel. 479-872-8880
Email: aedynojet@aol.com

Jerry's Triumph
17024 Burlingame
Little Rock 72223
Tel. 501-821-6228

Jones' Harley-Davidson
10210 Interstate 30
Little Rock 72209
Tel. 501-568-3160

Polk Performance
22677 I-30
Bryant 72022
Tel: 501-847-7223

Whoa....how did you find that? I searched the net for hours and never found one. I think 3 of those are bikes though. It looks like springdale and bryant might be vehicles. I need to so some clicking on the links. :)

EDIT: Hmm...both links are down. I suppose it will be phones in the fall when my checks start back up.

Back