Speed sensor fault - Speedometer works | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speed sensor fault - Speedometer works

SkidGTX

Reaction score
City, State
KC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer
I just purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

ABS and check engine light are on with the O/D flashing from time to time. I have all gears, and it seems to shift smoothly through all the gears. The check engine is faulting the code P0715, and I don't have a laptop to see if the ABS is displaying codes as all I have is a USB OBD that I connect to my Android otherwise I'd try ForScan.

The speedometer works however even though all the forums and videos I've seen say it will go out. My question is will an ABS sensor flag the powertrain fault, or do I need to replace all the sensors?

Also, which sensor is the correct one for the one under the driver door? There are several sensors, and I need to order it to be shipped, but I'm not sure which one it is. My understanding is that some trans fluid will leak when you pull out, so I'm not wanting to pull out and waste fluid to refill it to pull out again, I'm sure someone can tell me.
I believe its this one: https://m.autozone.com/engine-manag...nsor-su1019/ford/explorer/68815_785770_0?aqs=

I just purchased a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

ABS and check engine light are on with the O/D flashing from time to time. I have all gears, and it seems to shift smoothly through all the gears. The check engine is faulting the code P0715, and I don't have a laptop to see if the ABS is displaying codes as all I have is a USB OBD that I connect to my Android otherwise I'd try ForScan.

The speedometer works however even though all the forums and videos I've seen say it will go out. My question is will an ABS sensor flag the powertrain fault, or do I need to replace all the sensors?

Also, which sensor is the correct one for the one under the driver door? There are several sensors, and I need to order it to be shipped, but I'm not sure which one it is. My understanding is that some trans fluid will leak when you pull out, so I'm not wanting to pull out and waste fluid to refill it to pull out again, I'm sure someone can tell me.
I believe its this one: https://m.autozone.com/engine-manag...nsor-su1019/ford/explorer/68815_785770_0?aqs=
Do you mean the one under the driver seat in the frame rail?
If so I think it's this one
If you need a part number just ask
20180719_154717.jpg

Back