• Register Today It's free!

Spindle lift help...

The Breeze

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Sport Trac XLS
So I did a spindle lift on my sport trac and now I am having a problem with the top spindle pinch bolts. So when I put them on at first I torqued them to spec and let it down and went for it. Then there was this horrible squealing when I turned and it sounded like the rotors scrapping so I thought it was a bad wheel bearing but when I checked them out they looked fine. So the I greased them, slapped it all back together and went on my merry way. Then the squeal was back accompanied by a clunk. So i took a look at it and decided that the upper ball joints were bad, they had a little play in them. So i replaced them. Then the sounds still continued. I jacked it up and found that hte pinch bolts have somehow loosened up so I tightened them to spec with locktight and went on my merry way again. Well it came back and then when I jacked it up for like the 50th time I realized that no matter how tight I got the pinch bolt ( and I sheared 1 trying) I couldnt get the play to stop. So now I am kinda at a wall here. I am beginning to think the spindle was a cheap piece of crap ( some company off ebay which is no longer in business) and they suck. Now I know dont go the cheap route... But what I dont get is the squeal.. Since I went to a ranger set up I dont have any dust shields so I am wondering if maybe the missing dust shield is whats allowing that little bit of play. Or maybe it is the wheel bearings, even though they look fine. Or maybe this snout of the spindle is just to small and allows the rotor to tip. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what the heck might be going on I would really appreciate it.
I am also contemplating buying a set of fabtech or doestch spindles and seeing if it is actually the spindle. So my next question would be which 1? Thanks again
-Blake

bump

You'll never get what you need here.... This is NON sporttracs...
Idk who moved your thread here but this isn't where it belongs...
Not meant in any bad way but nobody in here has a st therefore you'll never get a answer..

Its ok, I understand. I am kinda new to this posting a thread thing. I didnt really see a lift section for sport tracs. Where do you think would be the best place to put it?

Back