Spindle, Shocks & Shackle lift (pics) on V8 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spindle, Shocks & Shackle lift (pics) on V8 Explorer

Got it done yesterday, few questions please:

- How much will 4.10's and TM Headers improve my MPG? I am currently running 3.73's.

- I would like to run some wheel spacers, but I won't if it is going to add any additional stress to the truck. Thoughts on this? I am getting some rubbing in the front and I think if my front tires stuck out a bit more that it would clear completely.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got any pictures of the final product? What lift kit is that? This is exactly what I am planning on doing. I tried on Saturday but I live in a condo and my neighbors threatened to call the cops if I kept grinding the steering stop off :( LOL

Those are 33's right? I am surprised they don't rub on your side steps. I took those off on my ex because I thought they would rub. I have 33x12.5 Firestone destination M/T's that I am going to throw on

I am concerned about the fuel mileage as well. I would assume that 4.10's would probably be a good step towards that, but it may not be enough. You can also try converting to an electric fan to help with that. The spacers will only help if the wheels are rubbing on the inside (obviously). But yes having the wheels farther out would put added stress on some components, and could mess up your steering axis. I doubt the adverse affects will be noticeable with a small spacer (1/4") should probably be fine.

Let us know, I am very interested because this is the first time I've seen someone do exactly as I am planning, btw I like the white letters out!

got any pictures of the final product? What lift kit is that? This is exactly what I am planning on doing. I tried on Saturday but I live in a condo and my neighbors threatened to call the cops if I kept grinding the steering stop off :( LOL

Those are 33's right? I am surprised they don't rub on your side steps. I took those off on my ex because I thought they would rub. I have 33x12.5 Firestone destination M/T's that I am going to throw on

I am concerned about the fuel mileage as well. I would assume that 4.10's would probably be a good step towards that, but it may not be enough. You can also try converting to an electric fan to help with that. The spacers will only help if the wheels are rubbing on the inside (obviously). But yes having the wheels farther out would put added stress on some components, and could mess up your steering axis. I doubt the adverse affects will be noticeable with a small spacer (1/4") should probably be fine.

Let us know, I am very interested because this is the first time I've seen someone do exactly as I am planning, btw I like the white letters out!

Yes they are 33x12.50's on a 15x8 rim, -19mm offset. Yes, the front tires do rub on the bottom of the front of the steps, so I either need to do the Torsion Twist today and see if that clears the steps, or I need to take the running guards off, or both. I need to figure something out because they rub quite a bit when turning at a slow speed.

The lift is: Ranger Edge 3" Spindles, 4 Bilstein Shocks and Warrior 153 Shackles.

Here is a picture of how it sits now, taken a few hours ago:

89jpg.jpg

Looks good!

Just my opinion, but it's not going to be worth the money to go from 3:73 to 4:10's. You'd be alot happier with 4:56's.

hey do you still have the stock spindles???? i am looking for some spindles to go on my 02 Ranger edge! please LMK as i am not to far from oceanside

hey do you still have the stock spindles???? i am looking for some spindles to go on my 02 Ranger edge! please LMK as i am not to far from oceanside

ya man I have em, make me an offer

909-367-3680

-Joe

(I also have the 4 stock tires+rims with 80-90% tread left for sale if anybody wants em)

A few years ago I regeared from 3.73 to 4.10 and I regret it. I should have either gone to 4.30s, found a stock 4.10 axle to swap in, or just left it alone because it wasn't bad how it was and it cost a lot for a very small change. I'm on 32s not 33s, but still close to what you're dealing with. But if you really want 4.10s, this will be cheaper than regearing your axle:

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=7&md=second&id=33635

Good find :)

looks good man. love the wheels. where did you get them? i've been looking on summit and best price i could find were cragars and they were like 98 bucks a piece. maybe i could find a better price?

Those rims are Pro-Comp 152 wheels, 15x8. Got them at summitracing.com, they were about $115/piece I believe

King$nake - What's the part number for the 3" EDGE Spindles you used, and where did you buy them?

This is the last piece to my puzzle of how and when I'm gonna lift it.

OR to anyone else, know of where I can buy the correct Spindles for a fair price?

I've got some new fabtech lift spindles

450 or best offer. Let me know

Which set of spindles will work with AWD? I see sets for the 2wd rangers. Just want to verify.

No one makes a lift spindle for awd. Your options are body lift, torsion twist, or a superlift. Do a little search you'll find plenty of info

No one makes a lift spindle for awd. Your options are body lift, torsion twist, or a superlift. Do a little search you'll find plenty of info

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't King$nake's a Bauer, v8 AWD?

Thanks tony. You just saved me $500. So my only option to lift my front is a torsion? Would you recommend any shocks to help lift myfront end?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks tony. You just saved me $500. So my only option to lift my front is a torsion? Would you recommend any shocks to help lift myfront end?

No superlift makes a kit for 4wd I am not sure how it works though, never looked into it I think it uses drop brackets. There is a sticky in the modified 2 nd gen section that has tons of information.

Back