Splat and Ok89 get stuck | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Splat and Ok89 get stuck

Firstly, I don't have any pics of the actual stuck, so don't ask ;)

Anyway, last Thursday Jon and I decided to go out and have a little fun. This local mudding spot is only about 10 minutes away, and we just wanted to get the trucks a little dirty and have some quick fun.

So we went out on a dirt road about a mile and then the road got really wet and mushy. We keep going and it's not too much trouble, but I had to keep my momentum and revs up in many places as not to get stuck. Well Jon takes a turn onto another road and 3 minutes later I get stuck. Turns out this road isn't just mud, it's very sticky (and wet) clay. Jon started to back up to strap me out, and promtly backed himself up straight into a large hole.

So now we're both stuck in sticky clay and it starts to rain. We tried jacking the trucks up, digging, pushing, etc. But we were both stuck and the roads kept getting worse. Jon calls a few friends who come out: A Cheby pickup with 35s who drives past us and decides he can't stop so he blows us off and goes home. Then an old F250 who can't make it out to us cause he'd sink. My friend in a Ranger with 31s comes out, but he doesn't have enough weight to pull us out. Another friend of mine tries to come out in an 89 Land Cruiser, but gets stuck in a marsh cause he made a wrong turn.

Ok, so now we have 3 trucks stuck. We ride home with our friends. We came out a few more times Friday and Saturday, but without much help or success. Sunday we go out there and conditions have improved. Jon gets out by using a comealong between our 2 trucks with me on my brakes. I get pulled out by a Ram (the red one in the picture). Jon's Superduty friend gets stuck and also get's pulled out by the Ram, the Ford's front axle wouldn't engage.

Later in the day we got the Toy towed out for $350 :eek: :( I paid $150 of that since he was trying to get out to me.

I tried to make the story short, didn't work. Below are some pics of Splat and the Sunday gang (w/o Toy). Jon drives the Wrangler. Oh, and Splat got even dirtier as the day went on.

Now Splat's exterior is clean. The interior has some mud, and about 60 lbs of mud is still stuck inside various body panels and the undercarriage.

Pics:

Attachments

• imag0001.jpg
    imag0001.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 897

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah nasty stucks are common there. I know someone who paid 800 bucks to get pulled out. And while being pulled out by a tow truck, broke the frame of the tow truck. :rolleyes: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon, that sucks...
Alec - I have a friend who goes to aTm Galveston, and she swears she saw you and splat drvin around town a few days ago. She was impressed... And this weekend, Sunday, when I was crusinin around down there, I saw a First gen with like 31s and two tone paint (wrong color front fenders ;) ) with a big 4weheel partrs sticker... ever seen/met him?
--Bryan

Ive seen an explorer here that has some a/ts on it here on the A&M Galveston campus. Not sure of the size though

thats cool. Ive found myself drivin down there alot more lately just to cruise... go down to Stweart beach at like 10, when the only other ppl out there are the occasional drug deal, and the couple tryin to get it on... Its kinda peaceful watching the waves come in... Gees, Im a schmuck!
--Bryan

Dunno about the first gen with off fenders.

I get sighted all the time, the island ain't that big ;)

Back