splodo got sassy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

splodo got sassy

splodo got sassy!!!,Updated with pics

Well i finally started my swap. And to tell you its been simple yet a little confusing.So far i have the coil buckets mounted the coils attached and the axle under minus the radius arms mounted. Specs so far.
79 dana 44. with 55k on it.
Wild horses coils.
Stock Bronco buckets. moved exactly 2 inches forward. And tilted the top slight back.
early bronco radius arms extended with bent and twisted extension.
gonna try to use stock trac bar.
New calipers with jrgaylors brake line mod
and i need new steering.
gonna space out the rear with 2 inch adapters. Yeah im keeping the 8.8.
Now realize im just gettin the axle under the truck right now cuz i am moving in a month and going to japan for 6 months after that so all the welding will be done after i get back so all the bolting is just to get that axle set and towed home.(I might weld if i get time too) Got questions feel free to ask. Got comments feel free to post but i dont care if your gonna say "you should also weld" Cuz you should allready know.

Attachments

• snorkeldone 007.jpg
    snorkeldone 007.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,925
  • solid axle swap 006.jpg
    solid axle swap 006.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,923
  • solid axle swap 005.jpg
    solid axle swap 005.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,905

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Poser huh

:cool: So uhh bmx you gonna finish yours! Or just keep on showing us your real axle and your wagon. :p .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice job man, it got done pretty quick

splodo49 said:
:cool: So uhh bmx you gonna finish yours! Or just keep on showing us your real axle and your wagon. :p .
:( :eek: Haha. I promise once I get that front axle tomorrow at about noon, I WILL get it finished soon after. I'll be ordering the buckets and some other stuff in the next week or so. :thumbsup:

Shock mounts.

Well i didnt feel like wasting money on f-250 shock mounts so i made my own. I made out of extra steel laying around the garage and some left over gussetts.

Attachments

• long travel shock mounts 001.jpg
    long travel shock mounts 001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 774
  • long travel shock mounts 002.jpg
    long travel shock mounts 002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 789
  • long travel shock mounts 003.jpg
    long travel shock mounts 003.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 769

THEM R HUGE! Are they stout enough?
Nice job.
I find the F-250 mounts at the junk yard for like $10

Few more

More. i used two exsiting holes to bolt them up not sure if i wanna weld them on yet or drill a third.

Attachments

• long travel shock mounts 004.jpg
    long travel shock mounts 004.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 738
  • long travel shock mounts 005.jpg
    long travel shock mounts 005.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 728

Dang, those shock mounts are pretty sweet. :cool: I'm assuming it's mounted next to the coil bucket and the lower one in still on the R/A? (please post pics if not :)) EDIT: Nvm, just saw the pics you just posted. :)

BTW, I finally got a Dana 44 for the little red wagon. :p

Should be stout enough. The bracket in the middle is 3/16 thick and standing on edge which is really strong. The back plate is 1/4 " thick. But time will tell. :thumbsup: Ohh and 410 you caught me. I just wanted to play with the welder. :D .

what the heck did you almost get pulled over for ?

The wheels not under the fenderwells.

i need to know what all you ordered from wildhorses4x4.com for the swap im doing and i want to use the same parts

I bought the coils from a guy that use to work for wildhorses.. if you notice that they are not powder coated he sold them to me bare and i had to paint them.. As for everything else i either made or got at the local parts store.. sorry it takes me so long to reply but i am currently in japan and dont always have time and a computer i can just get on..

^^You bought the radius arm extensions from bentandtwisted.com. ;)

o yeah thanks i totally forgot about that.. haha I havent seen my truck in a long time i forgot whats on it.. thanks again.

Back