• Register Today It's free!

spongy low grabing brake pedal

Explodedford

Reaction score
City, State
NEW YORK
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB
So a couple of months ago i changed a seized rear caliper nd front caliper ever since than i have to push down much lower on the pedal to stop the truck. I replace my master following proper bench blead method and i have also blead the brakes twice myself nd then brought it to my local mechanic to blead the brakes nd change the fluid and there is still mo difference in pedal hight or feel. they still feel very squish compared to my friends 96 where his pedal grabs nice and high im almost to the floor. So i was thinking mayb ill change all the rubber brake lines next the truck does have about 250k on it im not sure where i should look next any help would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be willing to bet there is air in the ABS pump/valving. I accidentally ran the master cyl reservoir dry when bleeding the brakes on my dads 99 mountaineer. I bled the hell out of the system and the pedal feel did not change. I brought it to the dealer and had the ABS bled. After that it worked just great.

Thanks man im gona go to the dealer 2mrw than because im really tired of this problem. Do you know how much it will run me?

It was under $100 I think. It was probably a year and a half ago so I don't remember.

Ok thanks for the help man ill post up about how it goes 2mrw

Back