Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

awesome swap man. Did you have to make custom motor mounts? If so do you have any pics? How about the shift linkage? Mad props man.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome swap man. Did you have to make custom motor mounts? If so do you have any pics? How about the shift linkage? Mad props man.

I used the Explorer motor mounts and welded an adapter bracket to go between those and the engine. I don't think I have any photos.

As for the shift linkage, that was simply routed from the steering column, through the firewall, and down to the transmission similarly to how it was in the F150.

Very nice. I almost pulled the trigger on a 3.7 and trans package to put in my Pinto. Figured I should see if anyone has done a swap and I'm glad I checked, sounds like a whole donor is really needed.

Very nice. I almost pulled the trigger on a 3.7 and trans package to put in my Pinto. Figured I should see if anyone has done a swap and I'm glad I checked, sounds like a whole donor is really needed.

I actually wanted to do the same thing – 3.7L in a 1972 Pinto, but I couldn't figure how to fit it in there without some major modifications to to the Pinto. This engine is a lot bigger than the 289ci V8 that people often put in Pintos.

I actually wanted to do the same thing – 3.7L in a 1972 Pinto, but I couldn't figure how to fit it in there without some major modifications to to the Pinto. This engine is a lot bigger than the 289ci V8 that people often put in Pintos.

I did not expect that. After putting the 302 in my trac I swore never to cram another large engine in a small bay. I'm probably going with a 2.0L Zetec or 2.3 or 3.0 Duratec.

I redesigned my exhaust system yesterday using a Jones X-pipe and two Magnaflow XL mufflers. I previously had an H-pipe and two Thrush mufflers.
IMG_6008.jpg

I forgot to post a video after the install of the dual Magnaflow XL mufflers.

what did you use to lower it and are happy with the results?

haha - How much would you charge to do this swap for me? I have a 2nd gen sport :thumbsup:

You could not fit the electric power steering in the sport trac?

I solute you for completing this drivetrain conversion!!
3.7L 6 speed sport trac!! Well done.

What about a 2.7 Ecoboost swap?

Back