Sport Trac Adrenalin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Adrenalin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a nice upgrade for the sport trac! Too bad the Sport Trac WAS one of the last great 4x4 Ford trucks for building.....now they are all IFR IRS and larger :)
Sweet truck though! 390 Supercharged AWD 6 speed

That thing is so sweet. I saw a cream colored one and fell in love with it. But 390 hp. That's it? Com'n, I'd stick a KB on top and max the boost right away :D

Hmm, anyone see VW GTI in it? I sure do!

:eek: Wow! That looks awesome. I wouldn't taking that for a test drive :burnout:

Damn now i gotta start saving up :D

390hp with a s/c v8? hmmm arent those the 03 cobra specs?

Yup, thats cause its an 03 cobra motor.

It sure is nice, but a part of me wishes they were able to shoehorn the 5.4 in there. :burnout:

looks amazing

That thing is badass :thumbsup:

I missed that article, but it's about time SVT developed something I could drive in the wintertime up here! It's all about the all wheel drive!!

Now, I'd just need to lift it about 10", slap some 33's under it, and be good to go! :)

FWIW, I ran into a prototype at the gas pumps last week. The test engineer said that it's just a "filler vehicle" because the union wouldn't let the company shut down the assembly plant, but sales are all doom and gloom for it. In his opinion the ST is on its last legs, but we'll have to wait and see.

If you want to know what's going to happen around here on Monday, wait 'til Tuesday!

-Joe

IAmTodd said:
Hmm, anyone see VW GTI in it? I sure do!
I was almost thinking the same thing. The grill has a definite Adui/VW "look". (sp?)

lane.sportadren1.jpg

Audi0099.JPG

GOLF%20GTI.jpg

Yes, Striking resemblance!

volkswagen_golf_gti_04.jpg

lane.sportadren1.jpg

Hell, I'll take the 2.0T GTI w/DSG over the ST anyday. Dang thats alot of characters throw together! :p

I like it. I would like to see it in a mercedes silver though, but that's just my fetish I believe. I noticed the blue/H.I.D. looking headlights - are they really H.I.D. or just colored for effect?

-Drew

I just heard that this is prodution, and will be a 2007 SVT model. Ford has givin the Green light :thumbsup:

Now if they just made a FX4 Level II version :rolleyes:

I noticed the resemblance too... but hey! its an explorer!!! I likes! :D

Fenderguy said:
I was almost thinking the same thing. The grill has a definite Adui/VW "look". (sp?)

lane.sportadren1.jpg

Audi0099.JPG

GOLF%20GTI.jpg

I find a striking resemblance between those and the Escape which, for the record, has had that square-chin/black "goatee" look since it was first introduced, and in most of its incarnations since:

i.ford.escape.04jun.jpg

2001%20Ford%20Escape.jpg

2002%20FORD%20ESCAPE%20PERFORMANCE%20WEST%20GROUP.jpg

i.ford.escape.hybrid.manhattan.04apr.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

actually, there is a resemblense from the audi's to the new ST.. As all of us should know, J Mays (formally ford's group vice president of global design, now is cheif creative officer) worked for audi and volkswagon in the lates 80's-late 90's, up until ford hired him (his first well known project was the thunderbird). And, youre seeing SVT in a new direction because it has a new director. John Coletti, who was the previous SVT director, was a firm believer in less weight, more power (think lighting, svt focus, and cobra) thats why we never got an extended cab lighting, explorer lighting, expedition lighting, ect. Well, in 2004, John Coletti resigned (i believe it was because svt at this time was basically working out of a shed out behind ford's research center :rolleyes:. ) and then cheif engineer of the new 05 mustang, Hai Tai-Taing, took his spot. Funny now how were seeing an all-wheel drive, a first for SVT, sport trac, and the new shelby gt500....not to mention plans for a svt fusion (think svt contour) and svt expedition. Just thought yall would like some behind the scenes info, hehe...oh, and isuzu can go to hell :p

Back