Sport Trac Bed Topper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac Bed Topper

Archerydad

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford sport trac
Is there somewhere to find a bed topper for a 02' Sport Trac. They seem hard to find. I would like to find a used one. I have a hard tonneau cover but would like to find a cap to hold more stuff. Any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if the ads are still good but look in the ST specific CL ad thread I started, there have been a lot found for really cheap and even free. Where do you live, I'll look around your region to see if I can find one.

I searched craigslist everyday for one for 15 months before I found one 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago there was one in Chicago and one in Detroit, but they aren't coming up on adhuntr.com now.

Archerydad, when you find a bed cap, would you like to sell your tonneau? (is it a factory tonneau?)

Where are you located that would be helpful?

Used ones are scarce simply because they didn't sell many Sport Tracs to begin with, so not many people bought them. Best bet is either a used OE hard cover from a junkyard (eBay) or cough up the money for a new cap from Leer.

There's a new member from west Michigan that has one listed in the for sale or trade in the for sale section for $300. Someone should just on this.

Just scored a gold topper (rough condition, and no mounting hardware) for a good price on Craigslist. Mounting hardware has to be ordered from my local topper shop: 4 clamps @ $10/clamp. I should be around $100 invested by the time it is mounted - I'll probably plasti-dip it matte black.

Good find!! It will be interesting to see how the plasti-dip turns out.

That sucks Luke, how much was is off by? Pictures?

Damn close. I should have seen that the slant for the window that meets the cab doesn't match the same angles when I picked it up.

IMG_20140422_192742.jpg

IMG_20140422_192749.jpg

IMG_20140422_192811.jpg

IMG_20140422_192819.jpg

Damn man, I'm guessing you picked it up with a different truck or trailer? Did the guy advertise it as a ST cap? take it back and get your money back. Looks like it'll fit a Dakota quad cab, Chevy S-10 quad cab or a 1st Gen Tacoma quad cab maybe.

Picked it up with the Trac but had my soft cover and mounts on, so I thought that's what was throwing it off

Advertised as Trac topper, and looked extremely close, so I didn't (though I should have) think twice that it was for another Model

ForumRunner_20140422_213908.jpg

If it was stated it was for a ST I'd take it back and get the money for it. Either that or research it and resale it for the correct truck. How much was it?

That sucks, Luke. I really hope everything works out man.

Picked it up with the Trac but had my soft cover and mounts on, so I thought that's what was throwing it off

Advertised as Trac topper, and looked extremely close, so I didn't (though I should have) think twice that it was for another Model

View attachment 78291

True redneck style. You guys make me proud to be a Mod here. :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're out $60 and gas money. The seller sold it to you knowing it didn't fit an ST, that is false advertisement, you need to get your money back and report him on Craigslist as a scammer. Seriously, get your money back. Have him give you atleast $10 for gas (depending how far you drove to get it and now a return trip) call the police and have them meet you there to get the refund. This is done all the time, especially for CL scammers.

Back