Sport Trac bed trailer project | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Sport Trac bed trailer project

N2FORD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4wd
I have been working on a winter project. Back story is I ended up with a complete ST bed a few years ago. Almost sold part of it to Koda a few years back for his ST. I had several different ideas for it but finally decided to build a trailer. I found a old trailer on CL, friend gave me a tool box, traded for an axle and bought some new items. I had some ST wheels and got 3 Good Year 265/75/16's off CL. Don't have much in it as I am sure it is not worth much, but it has been a fun project. Not fully done yet but getting close. Still want to paint it, add a spare tire underneath and a few other things. The first picture is before assembly with the little axle and tires. Second picture is with bigger axle and tires. Third is after I flipped the axle to get more clearance for the tires. Then behind the ST, with my smaller street tires. I will update as changes happen, now that the grass is growing it will get less time.

0112201412a.jpg
0227201921.jpg
0301200739.jpg
0301201340.jpg

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
very very cool!!!
Well executed

<

Lonnie-S

Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac 4x4
I have been working on a winter project. Back story is I ended up with a complete ST bed a few years ago. Almost sold part of it to Koda a few years back for his ST. I had several different ideas for it but finally decided to build a trailer. I found a old trailer on CL, friend gave me a tool box, traded for an axle and bought some new items. I had some ST wheels and got 3 Good Year 265/75/16's off CL. Don't have much in it as I am sure it is not worth much, but it has been a fun project. Not fully done yet but getting close. Still want to paint it, add a spare tire underneath and a few other things. The first picture is before assembly with the little axle and tires. Second picture is with bigger axle and tires. Third is after I flipped the axle to get more clearance for the tires. Then behind the ST, with my smaller street tires. I will update as changes happen, now that the grass is growing it will get less time.

View attachment 179550View attachment 179551View attachment 179552View attachment 179553

Yes, this is very innovative and it looks great.

<

429CJ-3X2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 & '02 Sport Tracs,
Hmm, I have a complete spare bed, an old trailer frame, a tool box, and a couple of hard covers. My trailer frame probably close to the right width, but it makes a 4x8 trailer so I'd have to shorten it. I don't think I'll do it, but it's something to think about. I'll be watching!

<