Sport Trac - Carrier Bearing - driveshaft | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac - Carrier Bearing - driveshaft

Maples

Reaction score
City, State
Troy, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 SportTrac
Maples here.
I am new to the forum
i have a 2010 Sporttrac limited 4 X 4
Love the truck but I have to replace the rear driveshaft.
I have learned from the post that the carrier bearing cannot be serviced.
I found a replacement at Colorodo Driveshafts Inc.
Anyone ever use them?
R

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I moved your thread to the 2007-2010 Sport Trac subforum where the right folks should see it.

see my thread on fortwayne driveline and clutch replacement.

Well how about the link because I've searched everywhere, every way,for a week. The issue is you can only find 2wd replacements. Colorado driveshaft wants you to send the driveshaft in for repair...who has time for that? Having to replace an entire rear driveshaft because the carrier bearing/bracket is worn out is flat out ridiculous.
They can be replaced. Numerous posts with part numbers. Ford doesn't refer to it as a carrier bearing so it is tough to find.

Well how about the link because I've searched everywhere, every way,for a week. The issue is you can only find 2wd replacements. Colorado driveshaft wants you to send the driveshaft in for repair...who has time for that? Having to replace an entire rear driveshaft because the carrier bearing/bracket is worn out is flat out ridiculous.

its can be done but is a PITA because 2wd you have a U- JOINT infront of this carrier bearing and the 4x4 you have the CV which u have to disassemble. clean reassemble, grease, seal etc.

but i guess in theory you could swap out the 2wd drive shaft for the 4x4 model...i never actually thought about that..

Back