Sport trac Club

2longhunt

Reaction score
City, State
Illiniois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Hi all.

This is one of my first times posting on this site and I've only been a Sport trac owner for less than a year, but I really love my truck.

I was wondering if there was some type of directory or listing for local Sport trac owner clubs? I used to have a F150 and was a member of a local club. That truck eventually died and my current 2005 STA is what took it's place.

Now that I own one, I see them everywhere! Seems like there should be a club somewhere since I see so many. Maybe it's tied in with an Explorer Club??

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

www.mysporttrac.com is a Sport Trac-exclusive board, also they have a Facebook page where you can maybe find someone local.

try the forum section that is split by geographical locations. im sure you will be able to find some illinois members there. i see sport tracs every now and then where i live here in northern cali, but mine is the only one ive ever seen lifted and modded out. people always trip our when they see my rig. they dont even know what it is sometimes.

try the forum section that is split by geographical locations. im sure you will be able to find some illinois members there. i see sport tracs every now and then where i live here in northern cali, but mine is the only one ive ever seen lifted and modded out. people always trip our when they see my rig. they dont even know what it is sometimes.

Rick took that section down - Only thing left is a trail-running forum that is linked to earlier in this thread :/

Sucks because I actually frequented the Colorado forum..

just found that out! i liked having the cali section. it was cool to be able to filter down to just local explorer guys such as myself. i know there are a ton of members in penn and back east, but here in cali, there arent too many guys modding explorers so its hard to find local peeps.

I saw that they did that so that everyone could find out about everything instead of someone having to go to several different sections to find out about everything around them. I would've liked to have seen the regional ones before they took em down though.

i see sport tracs every now and then where i live here in northern cali, but mine is the only one ive ever seen lifted and modded out. people always trip our when they see my rig. they dont even know what it is sometimes.

I'm the exact same way here in VA but they run rampant in Clemson. Still nothing bigger than stock, or even lowered. Everyone seems to keep them the way the came.

I can see where a regional section would be great. I'm a member on mysporttrac.com and it does have a lot less traffic and I'm not impressed as much with the format. I do like it though and many of the guys there are very helpful. I really like their project section.

Mark

This is set up like most of the other automotive forums so the format is a little easier to learn, but i agree everyone on the other forum is very helpful. The only reason they don't have the regional forums on here anymore is because so many people were missing out on stuff. I would like to see them again but I can see how they create a divide. Im on just the 1st gen sport trace page almost all the time when I really could get help from the other sub-forums as well. Its kind of a give and take thing.

I can see where a regional section would be great. I'm a member on mysporttrac.com and it does have a lot less traffic and I'm not impressed as much with the format. I do like it though and many of the guys there are very helpful. I really like their project section.

Mark

There are some good guys over there but I stopped going because of the boards format. If it was changed to a real web board format like this one I would go back. Not being able to subscribe to threads is a deal breaker for me, hell I even became a paid member of this site because it is so helpful and there are lots of good folks on here.

Back