• Register Today It's free!

sport trac power window

m_roche@bell.net

Reaction score
City, State
peterborough ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer sport trac
New to forum, i have a 2005 ford explorer sport trac. the rear right door window will go down but not up. I have found some info on this site, but cannot seem to find info on how to open up door panel to get at switch / wiring. appears to me that given the window will go down then motor must be ok. If i have read correct the switch reveres polarity for up/down function. given it is cold here in ontario i would just like to get window back UP. so assume that if i can get at wiring / switch i should be able to hot wire & make it go up. would like to know: how to remove enough door panel to get at switch & what color of wire's go to the motor need to see what i am up against but worst case i was thinking i could use another battery to jump things out & thus power window up. that would get me buy until spring / warmer weather to dig into it further. Also driver door auto lock will not work, key fob works all doors except drivers. key pad also does not work.

Check for broken wires in the drivers door boot between the driver's door and the body, usual suspect.

thanks, found 4-5 broken wires in there. was able to get door panel off & hot wire window to get it back up. waiting for a little warmer weather to repair wires

Back