Sport-trac pre runner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport-trac pre runner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeeze. $500 for that bumper that probably wouldnt protect anything on a trail rig.

glad i invested in a bender and a welder.

I cant see the page anymore cauz you newbs spammed the page and whoever wrote that PHP script probably didnt close the database connection.

Anyways, prerunner bumpers are different from trail rig's bumpers -- they are supposed to bend and crumble 'cauz prerunning is a lot faster than the average trail run.

Has anyone every purchased from these guys? I've been wanting something to bolt on but never head of this company.

those bumpers look like overpriced junk, don't spend money on them, it would be like buying a "brush guard" from jc whitney or something. Every time I come across a thread like this looking for the walmart for bumpers I always say, find your local fabricator, you are going to get a superior product, support your local economy and a small business owner. And honestly it won't be much more. I would build either of those bumpers but better for around 400$, maybe less depending on what the mounting locations on the vehicle are like.

It does look kinda junkish, but idk im just so skeptical about getting something fabbed up for my sport. Ive spoken to 2 local fabricators and they were pretty flakey. And i've asked other peoples experience with other fabricators and they are not all positive. Guess i just gotta find a really good reliable fabricator that I can trust.

It does look kinda junkish, but idk im just so skeptical about getting something fabbed up for my sport. Ive spoken to 2 local fabricators and they were pretty flakey. And i've asked other peoples experience with other fabricators and they are not all positive. Guess i just gotta find a really good reliable fabricator that I can trust.

that's too bad, there are bound to be some bad apples everywhere though. I know a shop or 2 in my area that I've seen do some pretty sketchy stuff too. gotta get plugged into the local offroad community and get info from there.

If you're serious about getting something built, I know many many people in southern California who can build you a quality version of exactly what you want for a good price. PM me and I can get you in touch.

that's too bad, there are bound to be some bad apples everywhere though. I know a shop or 2 in my area that I've seen do some pretty sketchy stuff too. gotta get plugged into the local offroad community and get info from there.

thats definitely a good idea, sometimes i see these really cool trucks but get nervous to ask questions at times. But its definitely worth a try to get some good quality stuff.

@mounty71, thanks for the tip i'll do that now. always good to get some good resources from fellow members.

thats definitely a good idea, sometimes i see these really cool trucks but get nervous to ask questions at times. But its definitely worth a try to get some good quality stuff.

@mounty71, thanks for the tip i'll do that now. always good to get some good resources from fellow members.

Yeah and if you're in Perris there are a lot of fab guys fairly close to you that would build ya something your looking for less that that crap above.

Back