• Register Today It's free!

Sport Trac seats in a 1st Gen?

davy crockett

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
I have a line on a set of leather front seats from an '05 Sport Trac. I'm curious if anyone has done this swap?

Not too worried about the wiring side of things, more interested in how close the mounting is since I can't get my hands on them just yet to check it out for myself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never done this swap but in theory they should bolt right in, being that the Sport Trac is a cut off 2nd Gen 4dr Ex with a box slapped on the back.

I know the '01 and older Sport Tracs parts (from the rear seats forward) are all interchangeable with 2nd Gen Ex's and I really cant see Ford changing the floor pans when they changed the exterior sheet metal in 02 on the Sports and Sport tracs.

I have 1st Gen Seats in my 2nd Gen, they bolted right in.

Even if they dont bolt right in, the '05 seat should still bolt ot your 1st Gen seat tracks. The rangers do and the Sport Trac seats appear to be same as the Ranger's.

you were right flamingX, I got a look at the Sport Trac seats and they mount the same.

The only difference is the seat belts on the Sport Trac mount to the seat track and have a different buckle. Not sure if mine will plug in but I suspect not.

Now the question is:

I also found some '93 'X cloth power buckets that are in good shape and the price is the same. They look like they would be more comfortable than the Sport trac seats as well.

So......which seats are better?

you were right flamingX, I got a look at the Sport Trac seats and they mount the same.

The only difference is the seat belts on the Sport Trac mount to the seat track and have a different buckle. Not sure if mine will plug in but I suspect not.

Now the question is:

I also found some '93 'X cloth power buckets that are in good shape and the price is the same. They look like they would be more comfortable than the Sport trac seats as well.

So......which seats are better?

Thats up to you. I don't know that one is better than the other. Which ever one you like better. I put 2nd gen EB full power cloth seats in my 94'. I luv'm compared to my crappy stock non-power seats.

I have found that for long trips, the 1st and 2nd gen seats are awful. I don't know about the sport trac seats. I've only driven them in town. The bottoms are too soft and collapse in just a few years, the lumbar is non existent, and the side bolsters are pretty much missing.

So far the best seats for long stretches are 95+ Volvo, 09+ Acura, 01+ BMW. Pretty much the foreign luxury cars. Maybe I'm an odd size @ 6'1" and 170#. But all American seats (including every Lincoln my mom has ever had) start to suck about 2 hours in. Even my set of Corbeau seats in the Rx7. But, they are racing seats, a different environment entirely.

But I digress. You may want to go to a used car dealer and drive a Sport Trac. That will give you a better idea if you will like them.

Back