• Register Today It's free!

Sport wheel for sale?

clayjo

Reaction score
City, State
Norwalk, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Would anybody who has swapped out their Sport rims for an aftermarket variety be willing to part with one of them? Looking for a full size spare and to replace a nicked rim.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would anybody who has swapped out their Sport rims for an aftermarket variety be willing to part with one of them? Looking for a full size spare and to replace a nicked rim.

I'm in the same position as you, would love to pick one up as a full size spare

Brian

Who would sell one wheel to you from a set of four? Really? Ever try to sell 'a set of three wheels'? :D

The dealer sells 'a set of one'! ;)

I thought there wasnt enough space for a full sized spare.

Guys, I hate to tell you this, but they can be had around here for 50.00 each.

Yeah I'd love to see Sport wheels for $50 a pop. I'd take 2 as well lol. Wife already curbed the back right tire, luckily didn't get the rim, but I know it's only a matter of time lol. She's used to her short wheel base 5.0 Mustang still haha

$50, this I want to see! :smoke:

They must be square, not round!
Guys, I hate to tell you this, but they can be had around here for 50.00 each.

Well - come on guys - did any of you state you wanted a 2013 version of the sport wheel ?
this site has forums for ALL iterations of the explorer...

And I'll bet Jay_2000's right for a 2000 Explorer Sport... :)

granted we are in the 2011-up sport section, but.....

play nice !

Who would sell one wheel to you from a set of four? Really? Ever try to sell 'a set of three wheels'? :D

The dealer sells 'a set of one'! ;)

My point was that if somebody had a set of 13 sport wheels to part with, that selling them individually to four people who only want one could bring in more money for the seller.

Interest in this thread I started just shows that there's other who just want one.

If someone has a 'set' for sale, they don't want to dick around waiting for single wheel buyers, they want to sell the set NOW. I would never part out a 'set', way too much of a hassel. If there were four commited buyers in the seller area fine, but shipping a wheel/tire would add to the cost.

What price are you expecting to pick up a w/t for, they aren't $50 you know!

My point was that if somebody had a set of 13 sport wheels to part with, that selling them individually to four people who only want one could bring in more money for the seller.

Interest in this thread I started just shows that there's other who just want one.

well - come on guys - did any of you state you wanted a 2013 version of the sport wheel ?
This site has forums for all iterations of the explorer...

And i'll bet jay_2000's right for a 2000 explorer sport... :)

granted we are in the 2011-up sport section, but.....

Play nice !

bingo!!!!!!.......................lol:)

I know this is a little off topic but what would be a good tire size to get for upgrading from 20's to 22's..I would like to keep the same fitment as the stock wheels. Also, how do I post pics

Cool thanks..I check it out..any idea how to post pics

Attachments

• manage.JPG
    manage.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 416
  • upload.JPG
    upload.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 415

FAST GATOR,You are right! down here in the south, our -pick-n-pull salvage yards have plenty of 1st and2nd wrecked explorers. The steel is all they care about. Rims, tires and plastic they will just about give you. Scrap iron is going for 15.00 per hundred now. plastic lights ,switches, door panels and the like are almost free! Even tires are only 25.00, just look under a wreck and find a never used spare. new tire! that's wats on mine.

Back