• Register Today It's free!

Sportrac Front End

nlw

Reaction score
City, State
Newfoundland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sportrac
I have a 2005 Sportrac and I am having some serious front end issues. (wheel bearings, upper control arm/ball joints, sway bars) The truck is hardly ever off the pavement and has 78, 000 kilometers ( approx 48K miles)on the clock.

I would like to hear from other owners who are having similar issues.

Also, does the sway bar link have to be removed to change the rt side upper control arm.

Thanks
nlw

2005 ST 4x4.
Drivers side front hub went today - JUST made it home, graoning and creaking all the way (4 companies - no tow trucks available for hours). Looks like I'm down hard $360 + rotor and pads at least. 68K on the clock. Hope this isn't a regular issue...

My 01 is making a noise from the driver's side front tire. At slow speeds it sounds like someone dropping a bearing from about 4-6 inches on a metal table and I can hear what sounds like the same bearing bouncing two to three times from that first drop. Higher speeds just sounds like clicking... I wonder if there is an issue with the hubs?

When I had my old '05 Trac I had one ball joint and one wheel bearing replaced on warranty, i.e. before 36,000 miles. Dittos on a ball joint and differential seal on the '02 Ranger I had before the Trac.

Back