SportTrac Adrenalin performance upgrades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SportTrac Adrenalin performance upgrades

sjones

Reaction score
City, State
Cary, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 V8 AWD STA
What options are available to upgrade the performance on the STA V8? I'm coming from a range rover that had 510hp and was completely unreliable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Boost is the only way to get similar power and lots of mods would be needed to get over 500whp. Lots of mods = less reliable unfortunately.

I had a Roush supercharger installed by Brenspeed performance. Costly, but a professional, turnkey install. My '10 STA 4.6L dyno'd at 525 hp, 428 to the wheels. It's a nice process, you hand them your keys on Monday and get the completed job on Thursday. If you are from out of town the will provide a nice place to stay while you wait.

brenspeed.com

Explorer & Sport Trac

P1010217.JPG

I had a Roush supercharger installed by Brenspeed performance. Costly, but a professional, turnkey install. My '10 STA 4.6L dyno'd at 525 hp, 428 to the wheels. It's a nice process, you hand them your keys on Monday and get the completed job on Thursday. If you are from out of town the will provide a nice place to stay while you wait.

brenspeed.com

Explorer & Sport Trac

View attachment 165337

Thanks for the info. how many miles did you have on your motor when you added the supercharger and how many miles are on it now? did you change out any suspension parts too or left everything else stock? I called and emailed brenspeed sales on friday. Waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks for the info. how many miles did you have on your motor when you added the supercharger and how many miles are on it now? did you change out any suspension parts too or left everything else stock? I called and emailed brenspeed sales on friday. Waiting for them to get back to me.

I purchased my silver 2010 STA (90k) in August 2017 and it already had the Roush SC installed. It was installed at around 30K and I have 103K on it now. No issues and everything works great. I love it! I placed Roush emblems on each side under the fender vents and "Supercharged" on the tailgate under "ADRENALIN".

2010 Adrenalin-14.jpg

Sorry for the delay in response. I had about 52k miles on the vehicle, I have about 54.5k on it now (don't drive much). Everything on the vehicle was left stock, including the exhaust (didn't want more sound). Not to advertise for Brenspeed, but they've done several Sport Tracs, so it's not unexplored territory for them.

Back