Spotlight removal help | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Spotlight removal help

brick8

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU 3.7
My 2016 PIU came with a driver's side spotlight. Don't really need it and don't need the attention it brings. I searched the forum and found posts about adding spotlights but not removing them. I removed the three screws from the outside and several hex bolts as well but it won't budge. Anyone out there don't this without using a big hammer or a crowbar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Mope

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Pictures from inside/outside? I've taken out 2 without any issues.......lots of screws/set screws. You going to fill the hole and just put a new pillar cover on? Makes for a quick transformation.

Chickensandwich

Reaction score
City, State
Madison
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Police Utility
I don’t know if your model needs the post professionally repaired and painted or if you can buy the pillar cover to hide the hole, but I removed mine (I had to use a rubber mallet to get the spotlight post completely out, then used some flex seal tape on the inside and out side post and simply put a new post cover on, looks like it never had a light, cost about $80 for the exterior trim and $60 for the interior trim. You can offset some of the cost by selling the spot light.

brick8

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU 3.7
Thanks. Got it out this past weekend. There is a large bolt that needs to come out that is behind the handle. Used a patch that I bought online for the exterior. Will be listing the spotlight on the bay,

Chickensandwich

Reaction score
City, State
Madison
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Police Utility
My 2016 PIU came with a driver's side spotlight. Don't really need it and don't need the attention it brings. I searched the forum and found posts about adding spotlights but not removing them. I removed the three screws from the outside and several hex bolts as well but it won't budge. Anyone out there don't this without using a big hammer or a crowbar?
Rubber mallet to get the shaft out. They get sticky

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
.........................................................Will be listing the spotlight on the bay,
You could also post here;

Peter