• Register Today It's free!

Spotlight removal help

brick8

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU 3.7
My 2016 PIU came with a driver's side spotlight. Don't really need it and don't need the attention it brings. I searched the forum and found posts about adding spotlights but not removing them. I removed the three screws from the outside and several hex bolts as well but it won't budge. Anyone out there don't this without using a big hammer or a crowbar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pictures from inside/outside? I've taken out 2 without any issues.......lots of screws/set screws. You going to fill the hole and just put a new pillar cover on? Makes for a quick transformation.

I don’t know if your model needs the post professionally repaired and painted or if you can buy the pillar cover to hide the hole, but I removed mine (I had to use a rubber mallet to get the spotlight post completely out, then used some flex seal tape on the inside and out side post and simply put a new post cover on, looks like it never had a light, cost about $80 for the exterior trim and $60 for the interior trim. You can offset some of the cost by selling the spot light.

Thanks. Got it out this past weekend. There is a large bolt that needs to come out that is behind the handle. Used a patch that I bought online for the exterior. Will be listing the spotlight on the bay,

My 2016 PIU came with a driver's side spotlight. Don't really need it and don't need the attention it brings. I searched the forum and found posts about adding spotlights but not removing them. I removed the three screws from the outside and several hex bolts as well but it won't budge. Anyone out there don't this without using a big hammer or a crowbar?
Rubber mallet to get the shaft out. They get sticky

.........................................................Will be listing the spotlight on the bay,
You could also post here;

Peter

Back