Spotlight | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spotlight

I have decided that my next modification should be to add one, possibly two police spotlights to the X. I am trying to figure out exactly how they mount. I saw several posts from a few years back that at one time had pictures... they are not there now.
I have found the lights online at galls.com
http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProductDetail.jsp?item=SL062&catcode=123
what i am wondering is exactly how they mount? If you take a look at the galls page there is a link to a part number sheet. It describes the mounting location as "door"
I would really like to see a picture of this because I think it may mean I am loosing my vent visors, which are extremely useful.
I was thinking i would rather have them through the pillar. But maybe it will not work inside the truck or there may be wires in the pillar? If I were to pick one up at a junk yard could i just get the mounting kit for the X and be set or should i order all new stuff.

The first thing that came to my mind is the legality of it. You might want to check that out before you make holes in you truck.

I also think that the logical place would be the a-pillar. However the galls site seems to say door and that is why im looking for pics of an X with a spotlight.

I suspect there may be wires in the a pillar for the oh console. Or that the light may not be able to move properly due to its proximity to the steering wheel.

Thanks for the input!

On the Explorer they mount through the Apillar portion of the door, then are in the door. Every vehicle is different, this is just how it goes on our trucks.

As far as I know they're legal to have, just not to use on the road. In some states they may need to be "folded" when not in use, just like they require light covers for your other offroad lights.

Back