Spray Tint For Headlights.? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spray Tint For Headlights.?

I have blacked out my corner lenses on my Explorer and they have a purplish look to them and im planing on redoing it! I used VHT NightShade. I've heard from other people that it has a purplish look to it. So my question is, Does anybody know of spray tint for headlights that doesn't turn out purple.?

duplicolor has a new "spray tint", it comes in black or silver.....

although i have NOT tried it yet....the silver seems interesting.

:salute:

I believe in Nightshades there is redish tint to the color of them, because it is used on Tail lights mostly.

The purple tint might just be the nature of the chemicals in the paint, or it might have to do with the visual interaction with amber turn signals/corner reflectors if that's what you're using it on.

You can always try the transparent/translucent black/grey model/craft spray paint, which is really all that the nightshades paint is.

I would NOT use it on headlights, ever. It's A) illegal in all 50 states and B) will reduce headlight output to levels unsafe for nighttime driving. If you want blacked-out headlights and corners, you're better off and safer getting smoked plastic headlight covers.

Back