Spring Break = Clean! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring Break = Clean!

Well I was determined to wash and wax the Ex. during my spring break. When it turned out it was only 45 degrees out I was still determined. I washed it up in the driveway, then when it was dry I took her into the heated garage to apply a coat of wax. I used Meguiar's Gold Class which is the best wax I have ever bought from a store. Now.... on to the pics! Let me know what you think :) .

16202drive-side.jpg

16202pass-side.jpg

16202pass-side2.jpg

16202rear.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just watched the weather for tomorrow and we are supposed to get 6-12" of snow, WTF!? There's no avoiding it as I have to go to work this week. :(

Originally posted by snocross1985
Just watched the weather for tomorrow and we are supposed to get 6-12" of snow, WTF!? There's no avoiding it as I have to go to work this week. :(

I know, what the hell is up with all of this? I have my nice wheels and everything on. Ready for spring, and now they're calling for a freaken ton of snow!

Well, it looks good. And the time wasn't wasted!

Looks great!! But remember to reapply after about a month b/c that's how long these waxes generally last.

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
But remember to reapply after about a month b/c that's how long these waxes generally last.

Will do :)

I had the same problem. One day I wash and wax everything, and the next day snow again. At least the water just beaded right off! Lousy weather!! #$%^&*(@&#!!!!:mad:

Looks great, where's all the armor all for the tires though?

Meguars kicks butt on dark colors !!!!

Your results are evedence of that.

looks good. I love the clear corners i just got some myself. Now all you have to do is take off the running boards.

wheres the tire shine =)? looks good dude now u gota go buy a beater for winter =) lol

Haha...I just noticed that. Get a bottle of Eagle One's A2Z Wheel and Tire cleaner. Spray that sucker on the tire, use a brush and scrub it clean then rinse. Drive around and apply some Eagle One's Tire Wet with an applicator. There will be a little shine but the shine is a nice sheen. You'd think the tires look like brand new!!

See??
DSC02601.jpg

I usually scrub my tires with a brush and Comet cleanser to get the whites white. Can be a pain at times, so I make sure to scrub hard everytime and top it off with some tire shine. Currently I use some Turtle Wax tire spray which is relatively innexpensive and Turtle Wax chrome polish for my rims. I'm not really stuck on Turtle Wax, but it's pretty cheap and I've got a bunch on hand.

lookin sharp man, that reminds me i gotta get a wax on mine...its way past due.

An for the tires i use an SOS pad and they look great, squirt some Wet Tire on and whipe and i'm set for awhile. Now in the winter i don't put that stuff on the tires just because i think its a waste, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING....!!!!!....:cool:

Well, it was nice and clean.... but we got about 12" of snow yesterday. I love the snow, but I have been working at a job site an hour away. Lets just say my Ex. is now more white than green, its completely covered in road salt. O well, she'll get cleaned as soon as the weather improves....again. Its ok, it still looks pretty out, these were taken while it was still snowing yesterday afternoon.

16202P3170010.jpg

16202P3170012.jpg

nice ride, very clean,, how many miles are on it/ I just spent all day washing and detailing my 2k2 sport, and it freaking rained this eve, The weather people have no idea on what to call in the forcast! but you have a smooth ride, and agree about the wax!

looks good,I agree you need to do your tires, and also you should clean your wheelwells with some simple green then spray it with some of the no touch tire shine. When I still had my X i did that and it turned out awesome.
I used to do it everytime I washed it.

dtl 2k2 sport: It has 73,000 miles on it, had only 50,000 when I bought it August 2002.

AS for the tires, I know they need to be shined up. That will have to wait for the weather to improve cause its raining yet again. Wednesday is supposed to be warm again, so maybe I'll wash her down and wax and do the tires. Oh ya, good idea using simple green for the wheel wells. I will have to try that.

Back