sprt trac frame dimensions vs 98 explorer frame | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sprt trac frame dimensions vs 98 explorer frame

everythintech

Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
maybe a far fetched idea, but would a sport trac cab fit on an explorer frame? i have a 4 dr explorer. This may not be my truck under the knife, but i have an idea that this answer effects, thanks ahead of time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are the same. Why swap the cab when you can get perrys fab n fiber conversion with flares?

The perry's conversion is for Gen I trucks, not Gen II

very interesting, thanks forthe clarification! All this time I thought it was 91-94 only...

I wnoder why they dont list the 2 door hahaha

reason being is i might use my current explorer for an sas, then buy a rolled 1st gen and a sport trac cab, and make it my prerunner. i know i said 2nd gen in my first post but i later thought about it. I will use the 1st gen b/c it already has he ttb setup, less fabrication.

everythintech said:
reason being is i might use my current explorer for an sas, then buy a rolled 1st gen and a sport trac cab, and make it my prerunner. i know i said 2nd gen in my first post but i later thought about it. I will use the 1st gen b/c it already has he ttb setup, less fabrication.

That sounds waaaay more practical. I think the problem though, well maybe, would be hooking everything up.

the first gen and second gen frames are different, not sure how the sport trac cab would fit on a first gen frame, but it might work :)

the reason a sport trac cab, is because i like the style. I like the four doors that dont effect the wheel wells. That being said, i can do he swap, the get a bed, bob i then widen it, that makes a link rearend easier.

everythintech said:
the reason a sport trac cab, is because i like the style. I like the four doors that dont effect the wheel wells. That being said, i can do he swap, the get a bed, bob i then widen it, that makes a link rearend easier.
Uh, the reason the Sport-trac rear doors aren't affected by the rear wheels is because the Sport-trac is a 14.5" longer wheelbase. That being said, this swap wont work very well.

for a linkied rear I would either hack the frame off past the cab, c notch the frame with a bed cage, or cut and turn the frame rails anyways.....more bump travel, less lift, more radical.

Dont worry Jefe knows that pushing the rear end back with a 4 link setup would increase the wheel base and clear the sport trac cab.
I see just putting a sport trac cab on a Gen I frame as a big job, so why even have a frame? Just build a buggy, truggy, whatever.
You are not the first, there are several sport trac cabs being built with full tube frames right now.

how about an 2004 sport trac cab on a 83 ranger,i know id have to cut the bed down to around 3 foot...i need to put a new cab for the ranger because i rolled it and cruched the roof,all the glass... i had to cut from top of the seat and up,the dash and up the door locks and up...i thought about just making a cage,and buying a jeep wrangler folding glass but i dont want it to look like ****...anyt idea's...the kicker is the sport trac cab i already have...

Back