Smoktya

Reaction score
City, State
Bethlehem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 4WD XLT
Squeaky Brakes......Again

Hi all,
We had the TSB completed for the "small movement squeaky brakes" issue (like moving up a little at a stop light) about 5 months ago. Well, now it is back and in full effect. I am taking my car in tomorrow to have quite a few things completed (inspection, MFT update (no thumb drive for me), cooling fan fix and of course the "squeaky brakes" syndrome. Hopefully this time they will just replace the rotors instead of re-surfacing them because whatever they did the first time didn't totally fix the issue. Wish me luck:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, resurfacing them ruins your rotors and shortens the lifespan of the rotors. I had the squeaky brakes when going in reverse a long time ago. I think it takes a while and then it just gets better. I think people (me among them) were a bit **** about the whole squeaky brake issue. I heard squeaks a long time ago but now I don't hear them at all. Could be because it was the warm temperature but I think it just happens. What I used to do if I heard it, I used to just go on the highway and hold the brakes and then hold it hard for a while when slowing down to the exit and the noise goes away.

Hi all,
We had the TSB completed for the "small movement squeaky brakes" issue (like moving up a little at a stop light) about 5 months ago. Well, now it is back and in full effect. I am taking my car in tomorrow to have quite a few things completed (inspection, MFT update (no thumb drive for me), cooling fan fix and of course the "squeaky brakes" syndrome. Hopefully this time they will just replace the rotors instead of re-surfacing them because whatever they did the first time didn't totally fix the issue. Wish me luck:)

I had the same symptoms. Had the TSB done well over six months ago. Haven't heard them since. I'm guessing your dealer either didn't replace pads with updated ones or did not use enough brake grease when reassembling. Just my two cents! Only had about 2000 + miles on the Ex so they did not cut rotors. Haven't heard of anyone having the squeak come back.

update.....my vehicle is in the shop and they tell me that it is normal for your car to have some sort of squeaky brakes from time to time. I told them that I didn't spend this much money for my vehicle to have squeaky brakes. They wanted to charge me $95 to put some grease or something on the components and i said you're crazy. The only time they squeak is when it comes to a slow stop or crawl, and there is a TSB out for this, plus it isn't even 1 year old yet....Unbelievable. I told them to look up the TSB again (it was already completed on my car) and to call me back. I don't think i will ever deal with them again. They also told me that i need to bring in my USB stick since they don't complete MFT updates without it. i called Ford Vehicle support and they set the dealership straight. I think some better training needs to be done because i can't believe that i know more about this stuff than they do.

My brakes squeak like crazy after having the fix done. I'm just gonna buy some new pads one of these days and have them changed.

after getting the car back, they told me that they replaced the rotors (instead of machining them last time) and the pads, along with a few other misc brake components. Hopefully, this will stop the squeaks for good. As for the new MFT, i like it a lot. Seems to be a lot less clutter on the screen and it looks easier to read.

I just brought my ex in for the squeeky brake tsb and they said inks not covered under warranty because I am out of the one year 18000 mile brake warranty. Wouldn't the rotors and anchor bracket be in the bumper to bumper warranty? The dealer said they pads are the "causal" part.

Pads and rotors are "wear" items. Wear items are 1yr/12,000 miles. I have 32k on mine and they squeel every day. I always know when my wife pulls into the driveway. Had the tsb done at 6,000 miles and it started back up at 12k. Been living with it ever since.

Just got the TSB done for 400 bucks and the noise is still there! Has anyone else had this problem? IF so what have you done? Very frustrating!

How the hell are they charging you $400 for a TSB plus the vehicle is (I am assuming) still under warranty? Of all the cars I have had I have never paid to have a TSB completed.

How the hell are they charging you $400 for a TSB plus the vehicle is (I am assuming) still under warranty? Of all the cars I have had I have never paid to have a TSB completed.

The dealer told me the part that is causing the squeak is the pads [which are out of warranty]. They gave me the whole "TSB's don't extend your warranty story". I'm just wondering if anyone else got this TSB done and still has the squeak.

I just noticed now that the weather is getting colder in my area tha tmy brakes constantly sound like they are rusty. Can anyone tha tlives in a cold weather place tell me if they are experiencing this with their ex too? I've been having an ongoing issue with my brakes making a grunitn gnoise when turning so I want to know if this rust type sound is normal or not.

I just noticed now that the weather is getting colder in my area tha tmy brakes constantly sound like they are rusty. Can anyone tha tlives in a cold weather place tell me if they are experiencing this with their ex too? I've been having an ongoing issue with my brakes making a grunitn gnoise when turning so I want to know if this rust type sound is normal or not.

Hey foxtemple,

Your dealership will be able to determine if your brakes are performing normally. I recommend making an appointment or mentioning this during your next scheduled maintenance or oil change appointment.

Crystal

Just had my 2011 ex, with 25000 km in for squeeky brakes. Thy said warranty is only good for 20000 km, I could either live with the problem or, pay for a brake job.
Thanks Ford..........You just sold me a Cadilac

Just had my 2011 ex, with 25000 km in for squeeky brakes. Thy said warranty is only good for 20000 km, I could either live with the problem or, pay for a brake job.
Thanks Ford..........You just sold me a Cadilac
As blwnsmoke posted in this thread, brakes are a 'wear' item and only covered for 1 year or 12,000 (20,000 km). This is not unusual and you will probably find other manufacturers likely have similar restrictions on 'wear' item warranties.

Peter

Back