squeaky door / noisy hinge

parad1mg

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Mirada, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mounty 5.0 AWD
the lower door hinge on my driver side door squeaks and creaks really bad specially when its humid.. i already saw the door hinge pin replacement thread and its a little too labor intensive for me ( no garage to work at.. )

would it be easier to replace the whole hinge assembly instead?

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what I do, but I have to do it every six months or so. If I really wanted to get rid of it I'd probably go get some silicone spray or something that is meant to last lol.

ATF is what I always use.

Door pin arent that bad to change, as long as you got a buddy to hold the door its pretty much 35 minutes each side

That's what I do, but I have to do it every six months or so. If I really wanted to get rid of it I'd probably go get some silicone spray or something that is meant to last lol.

that's what i'm currently using.. problem is whenever i run thru a carwash somehow it washes out and later on the noise is back..

i've tried from wd-40 to white lithium grease products and i'm getting tired of re-applying lubricants all the time..

Maybe its really time to change it huh?

Thanks for the input guys!

Back